New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd think pack, tent, helmet, knife, and a shovel. Any suggestions or anything I'm leaving out?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one sick

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Duh can't believe I forgot that I'm going to a surplus store soon just wondering what would be a good start for stuff to get

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Ma Deuce. MRAP or Abrams M1. Cobra copter.

In reality, I think the Marine Assault pack/ruck combo is a good choice. As is the ECW sleep system. If it's just you, that might be enough. If it's more, I might suggest some other things like a deuce & a half truck with trailer, etc.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Yep them p- 38 ,s sure come in handy when it's cooking time .

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Knife, flint stick, stove and fuel, mess kit, gas mask, para cord, hammock, camo clothing, hand warmers, MREs, dehydrated water.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Honestly.... Surplus jackets, goretex gear, tents and hammocks are awesome same as gas masks....

Def folding shovels are awesome.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'd think pack, tent, helmet, knife, and a shovel. Any suggestions or anything I'm leaving out?
Are you talking about a GP medium or a couple of shelter halves when you say tent? There isn't a smaller issue tent that can hold a candle to even cheap civilian tents, don't buy milsurp. Shelter halves are garbage, you might as well just use ponchos or a tarp with some bungees and roll up in a poncho liner. In fact, poncho liner should definitely be on this list

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you talking about a GP medium or a couple of shelter halves when you say tent? There isn't a smaller issue tent that can hold a candle to even cheap civilian tents, don't buy milsurp. Shelter halves are garbage, you might as well just use ponchos or a tarp with some bungees and roll up in a poncho liner. In fact, poncho liner should definitely be on this list
Where would I get polls I like the idea of a camo tarp and regular store bought tents are way to colorful. Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just looked up prices on poles they can keep them. I'll make them out of pvc

·
Registered
352 Posts
Pistol belt, Y harness, couple mag pouches, first aid/compass pouch, canteen w/cup and stove), butt pack, poncho and liner, e tool, paracord, k bar, m65 field jacket, trioxane fuel, nice to toss some polypropylene glove liners and socks and long underwear in your butt pack (your basic snivel wear) with some mre's. i love the trigger mittens with glove liners(not the outter shell, just wool and liners) for hunting doesn't matter how cold it is keeps my hands warm, and with having had frostbite that's saying a lot. I go with the alice clips over molle for durability, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Mickey Mouse boots if you work out in the cold when its wet.

Edit: and a gas mask as others have mentioned, maybe some MOPP gear in case of Ebola or mutant zombie plague outbreak.

I use the belt set up for my hunting, use the mag pouches to hold gloves and other gutting gear, drag line and other for snacks :) also nice to have a waterproof liner in the butt pack, makes a useful seat with the added benefit of holding some extra dry gear in case you end up soaked in the woods at 25 degrees. I use paracord for boot laces, nice to have a few feet of paracord in just in case too. Some celox and Isreali dressing in the other compass pouch just in case you happen to be in the vicinity of some idiot that shoots at sounds and you happen to be the sound. the M65 field jacket is my all -around outside work jacket for winter its durable and warm with the liner, or without and whatever layers you choose, it shrugs off brambles and thorns and takes a beating working around sharp machinery. I actualy like the field jacket better than any of my Carhart jackets.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts