New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I am watching the live coverage of Ferguson remembering my roots, the big difference between a militarized PD in Missouri and a Militarized PD in NY is the people of Missouri can own the same weapons and armor in Missouri as the cops have.
IN NY , not so much.
I guess NY is much more progressive than Missouri. Huh.

I remember watching guys wearing hockey padding in the Ukraine battling govt snipers.
NY is much closer to the Ukraine than Missouri is.
So much for progress huh.

I can buy a sling shot in Mo
I can buy rifles with bayonet slugs.
I can buy rifles with pistol grips oooooooooo
I can buy a fully auto gun
I can buy fireworks, all legally. Well in NY you are now allowed to possess sparklers.
I can hunt with an AR-15 and put a 30 round mag in to do so if I wish.

In the progressive state of NY, I can still buy or do all these things just not legally.

The reason I am saying this is because alll the national reporters that are on the scene all live and work in New York.
They are shocked by what they are seeing.

Just wait until Eric Holder gets there.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if someone looks him straight in the eye and says Excuse me son, But if you are here investigating a Civil Rights violation then I guess you have authority . But other than that there is no Federal law involved here so back off jack. We no need you or your Feds down here interfering with our investigation.

· Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A quote from the late 1800's

Yup! And when they come to break your window and loot your store, just tell yourself it is only merchandise that can be replaced. No need to protect it.
I will just buy new merchandise from my distributors and write this off as a loss. Let them have all the stuff that I mortgaged my house for, that I have worked 80 hours a week for. It means nothing to me because I am a libertarian.

Yeah right.

· Banned
8,557 Posts
Yup! And when they come to break your window and loot your store, just tell yourself it is only merchandise that can be replaced. No need to protect it.
I will just buy new merchandise from my distributors and write this off as a loss. Let them have all the stuff that I mortgaged my house for, that I have worked 80 hours a week for. It means nothing to me because I am a libertarian.

Yeah right.
Poor argument positioning on your part.
The police have no duty to protect an individual nor an establishment owned by an individual, so unless you protect it yourself you can expct it to be damaged or destroyed. The police stood by and watched the looting the other night.

Wasn't it the police who disarmed the survivors of Katrina? Made it impossible to defend themselves and just created more victims. Yeah I believe it was.........

· Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poor argument positioning on your part.
The police have no duty to protect an individual nor an establishment owned by an individual, so unless you protect it yourself you can expct it to be damaged or destroyed. The police stood by and watched the looting the other night.

Wasn't it the police who disarmed the survivors of Katrina? Made it impossible to defend themselves and just created more victims. Yeah I believe it was.........
The police may have done it but the decision to do it was made by the politicians. They probably label themselves as progressive too.

· Banned
8,557 Posts
The police may have done it but the decision to do it was made by the politicians. They probably label themselves as progressive too.
Katrina was a demonstration that police officers/forces will follow unconstitutional orders.

· Registered
4,366 Posts

Yeah right.
Hey, if you want to defend it, defend it. Get your gun and a whole lot of friends and defend it. No one is saying you can't decide to do that..but I question why you are even on this forum if you're just going to assume to let the cops handle it when you are all about guns for defense.

I honesty have to ask if you understood the quote in the image as I think you quite didn't get it.

· Registered
4,001 Posts
Katrina was a demonstration that police officers/forces will follow unconstitutional orders.
Some will especially if the definition of the 'right" was in dispute or misinterpreted by the masses and the lawyers. Katrina was pre -Heller. And 4 of the SCOTUS justices got it wrong.

And I think this thread should be moved to Law section or off topic.

· Registered
4,366 Posts
Some will especially if the definition of the 'right" was in dispute or misinterpreted by the masses and the lawyers. Katrina was pre -Heller. And 4 of the SCOTUS justices got it wrong.

Do you want me to start with tjhe the oath that you took? or do you want me to start with the oath that you took?

If I could fall on the floor laughing in my office, I would do so because that is the most hilarious thing I've heard since your prior post. Why are you here?

· Registered
9,138 Posts
This is the one I took as well as many here...

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I believe LEO are pretty close.

· Banned
8,394 Posts

Your defending the gun grab during Katrina as constitutional??

· Banned
23,190 Posts
Not at all. But I can see how certain officers were brainwashed by those anti-2a lawyers and media. Now they have no excuse.
Then it is safe to assume you support immediate jail time and possibly much more severe punishments for those "officers"?

(and obviously removal of employment and barring from any future jobs in such a field is guaranteed.)

· Registered
4,001 Posts
Then it is safe to assume you support immediate jail time and possibly much more severe punishments for those "officers"?

(and obviously removal of employment and barring from any future jobs in such a field is guaranteed.)
Those officers for it then? No- four out of nine surpreme court justices got it wrong too.

If it happened now, they have no excuse.

That federal law that was passed to prevent it has to strengthened. It has a big hole in it which would make the law meaningless in ny.

· Registered
14,520 Posts
A quote from the late 1800's

I typically take issue with any LEO referring to citizens as "civilians". its happened many times on this forum, and it will continue to be something I have an issue with. Some LEO's will defend their position that they are not civilians because thats how they have referred to "us" for so long...Its a mindset, if we are civilians then they are _______? If they are _______ then they do not think they are our equals, and this creates a bigger divide between the police and the rest of the citizenry.

· Registered
4,001 Posts
I typically take issue with any LEO referring to citizens as "civilians". its happened many times on this forum, and it will continue to be something I have an issue with. Some LEO's will defend their position that they are not civilians because thats how they have referred to "us" for so long...Its a mindset, if we are civilians then they are _______? If they are _______ then they do not think they are our equals, and this creates a bigger divide between the police and the rest of the citizenry.
This again? Okay. The courts don't see it your way. The press definitely doesn't see it your way. But okay. Have your objections. They have been noted. Our "rights" are different under the law, both less and more. We do not have a duty to retreat as a "civilian" does but we also have a duty to act in certain circumstances that a "civilian" does not. Our ability to sue for libel and slander is much more limited than yours. Do you think the officer in MO if proven innocent will be allowed to sue-- not likely.

But in the spirit of the quote game, here is one we can agree to:

"We live in a stage of politics, where legislators seem to regard the passage of laws as much more important than the results of their enforcement."
- William Howard Taft

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out where the strong man stumbled, or where a doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs, and who comes up short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause. The man who at best knows the triumph of high achievement and who at worst, if he fails, fails while daring greatly, so that his place will never be with those cold timid souls who never knew victory or defeat."

---Teddy Roosevelt

This by Paul Harvey is perhaps the most accurate:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.