New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I am beating a dead horse, I apologize, but for those that aren't aware: our NYS Assembly passed Microstamping for a 5th year. In other news water is still wet; interesting quote from Shelly Silver though:

CapitalTonight: Silver: "Microstamping today we believe is an important message even if the Senate won't take it up. It's the wave of the future."

*barf*

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
By the time they make a viable, undefeatable microstamping firearm we'll already have been into years of ownership of phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range or M41A pulse rifles firing 10mm caseless projectiles.

Microstamping will be utterly useless on both platforms.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Remington said if that was to pass, they would move out of New York. Looks like my land taxes will be going up if they do move. Leave it to NY to chase another company out of the state.:err:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Morons!

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I'm totally failing to find a roll call of who voted which way, does anyone have a link? I usually do well at this but I just keep getting news articles from the past 3 years.....

·
Registered
210 Posts
By the time they make a viable, undefeatable microstamping firearm we'll already have been into years of ownership of phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range or M41A pulse rifles firing 10mm caseless projectiles.

Too bad all of us can't go out and buy some HK G11's right now. That would really Piss off the microstamping Nazi's. :)

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

What does "viable" and "undefeatable" have to do with NY laws? In NY it's more pass the law first and figure out why second. :/

·
Registered
712 Posts
Its the "wave of the Future" wow...

Something comes to mind....... if your everyone else was jumping off a bridge would you?!.....

man oh man.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Remington said if that was to pass, they would move out of New York. Looks like my land taxes will be going up if they do move. Leave it to NY to chase another company out of the state.:err:
This same bill has died in the Assembly as many times as the Senate has passed it. Hopefully they'll continue

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
and you know damn well all police firearms will be exempt

·
Registered
129 Posts
Screw em, just police up your brass and it's completely useless anyways lol.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Screw em, just police up your brass and it's completely useless anyways lol.
Or get a revolver. Or a brass catcher. Or file down your firing pin. Or go pick up range brass and drop it at the crime scene.

These same issues along with the fact that no technology exists comes up every time this BS is posted, and yet I don't hear any answers from the political bobbleheads.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Hey, I have a great idea! How about every time the trigger on a firearm is depressed, the firearm automatically dials 911! Of course, we'll have to equip every gun with an antenna and a cellular chip. But it's all for the public good...

·
Registered
164 Posts
remind me why i live in NY again !!! WTF !!!! i know it most likely wont go through but still. first no large soda now i have to stamp my ammo. whats next i cant bang my wife !! (that will make her happy) lol

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
the problem is that many of these useless POS politicians don't even know what it is or the impacts it will have. They take up a position because they think it is popular with who put them in office and they haven't got a clue.

I lestened to a local talk show last week and they had a politician on that has held congressional seat and is running again. He was all for microstamping. he also felt it should be that big of a deal for the ammunition makers to have it put in place. he thought the microstamping was on the ammunition and said it twice. I have to look in my notes to see who it was.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts