New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<RANT>

I am yet waiting for the day I have a good experience with windows end to end.
I have nice computers, enterprise firewall, routers, enterprise grade software, security suits, and at some point or another
windows comes and craps on top.
We are in the process of migrating to Centos but we got to keep some MS because some of the apps and point
solutions we use.

Microsoft what a POS operating system !!!

</RANT>

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
A poor workman blames his tools.

30+ years as an admin and have no complaints with MS that I don't have with every other OS. It's Ford V Chevy.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
A poor workman blames his tools.

30+ years as an admin and have no complaints with MS that I don't have with every other OS. It's Ford V Chevy.
Or Glock vs anybody else. :leave: Had to go there....

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I love my windows 7. That being said, the sysadmin did something to my PC where it gets stuck at "Applying Computer Settings" for 15 minutes. No joke. Core i7 beastly laptop, boots to windows in 20 seconds, then takes 15 minutes from there.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Never had any issues with MS,I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on both my Desktops and my laptop has Windows 8 which I am still getting use to but is not to bad I have not had any issues yet so far..

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I run windows in a VM on a Mac running a VM running Ubuntu running a VM running Puppy. LOL
You and me think alike.

I've used all the major players. Mac, Linux, Windows. They each have problems and pros that are both true and exaggerated.

Number of viruses I had running Windows 7 with no virus protection: 0.

Number of programs I could not find to do what I needed on OSX: 0.

Number of times I felt I "stuck it to the capitalist man" with Linux: 0.

I prefer OSX for many reasons, including the fact it has problems that I didn't get with Windows. It fixes many I had with Windows. Same with Linux.

It's all a toss up. I'v got plenty of virtual machines on my Mac. A 2-key sequence and I'm in another OS altogether.

OS wars are as valid as 9mm vs. .45.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Dude I got a Commodore 64 I dont know what your talking about

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
my sewing machines are windows only. I thought I was a windows only until I switched to mac for non sewing needs, been thrilled up until now when I find out I can't use it as a server on roku. But otherwise, love it. Love that it restarts in about 20 seconds, never freezes. Love that I can watch po.. I mean surf online without getting constant popups.

/just seeing who is paying attention

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
my sewing machines are windows only. I thought I was a windows only until I switched to mac for non sewing needs, been thrilled up until now when I find out I can't use it as a server on roku. But otherwise, love it. Love that it restarts in about 20 seconds, never freezes. Love that I can watch po.. I meet surf online without getting constant popups.

Did you sew a plush of Tux the Linux penguin?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
my sewing machines are windows only. I thought I was a windows only until I switched to mac for non sewing needs, been thrilled up until now when I find out I can't use it as a server on roku. But otherwise, love it. Love that it restarts in about 20 seconds, never freezes. Love that I can watch po.. I meet surf online without getting constant popups.

At attention!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts