New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been sending out my letters daily, and i got this response from this assemblywoman.

"
Thank you for contacting me to express your support for tougher gun laws in New York State.

I am very proud that New York was the first state to respond to the tragedies that occurred in Newtown, Connecticut and Webster, New York with the enactment of the NY Safe Act. As a life long community activist on gun violence prevention and Chair of the State Legislators Against Illegal Guns (SLAIG) I insured that there were very real solutions in this critical legislation.

The NY Safe Act includes a real assault weapons ban, universal background checks, increased criminal penalties for the use of illegal guns, increased penalties for having a gun on school property or injuring a child with a gun, and imposes life imprisonment without parole for those convicted of killing first responders.
The NY SAFE Act offers a comprehensive approach to the complex issue of gun violence and is step forward in making our communities safer. It addresses not just weapons, but also issues such as mental health and school security.

There is no quick fix to end gun violence in this country, but I assure you that I will never stop fighting for legislation that will make our communities safer. I hope that you will thank your New York State Senator for voting for the NY Safe Act and I urge you to advocate for similar legislation at the federal level. Thank you for contacting me about this important matter.

Sincerely,
Michelle Schimel
Member of the Assembly"

then less than one minute later i got this..

"Dear Mr. Celt,

The previous email you received from my office was sent to you in error. However, I thank you for sharing your views with me on this important issue.

Michelle Schimel
Member of the Assembly"

what happened, i get no sincerely this time when she realized i do not support her? just thought this was funny. isnt this the broad who has the facebook page that many members here have been blowing up.. keep it up guys, and feel free to use this information.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Oh, that's right. We've been upgraded to the status of a "gun lobby." We're no longer just a forum of like minded people!

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She is so proud to trample on the rights of Americans, and our Constitution... how demented are these extremists that think thats ok?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Sorry but I had to respond to her email.

"Dear Assemblywoman Schimel,

How can you be proud of your actions, knowing you passed such a law under the cover of darkness? Your actions deceived and cheated the citizens of New York State and prevented a transparent democratic process. Did you fear the voice of democracy? Or did you just capitalize on a horrific act of a mad man?

Either way, you truly have no regard for the Constitutional Rights of law-abiding citizens you have trampled upon in your rush to pass the "SAFE ACT". As a retired NYC Police Officer I can attest that your actions will not save any lives, not one! Instead they will infringe upon the Second Amendment Right of all current and future gun owners. You accomplished this under the cover of darkness, under the ruse of "message of necessity". How can you feel so righteous while abusing your authority?

You accomplished this in 20 minutes while all law abiding citizens slept! Your actions will ruin many more lives then it will ever save.
I hope you feel good!"

·
Registered
58 Posts

How can you be proud of your actions, knowing you passed such a law under the cover of darkness? Your actions deceived and cheated the citizens of New York State and prevented a transparent democratic process. Did you fear the voice of democracy? Or did you just capitalize on a horrific act of a mad man?

Either way, you truly have no regard for the Constitutional Rights of law-abiding citizens you have trampled upon in your rush to pass the "SAFE ACT". As a retired NYC Police Officer I can attest that your actions will not save any lives, not one! Instead they will infringe upon the Second Amendment Right of all current and future gun owners. You accomplished this under the cover of darkness, under the ruse of "message of necessity". How can you feel so righteous while abusing your authority?

You accomplished this in 20 minutes while all law abiding citizens slept! Your actions will ruin many more lives then it will ever save.
I hope you feel good!"
You should send something like this to Skelos too.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Robd, great letter! Keep sending them! I had to post it because thats the bs they are sending to the crazies that support anti Constitutional laws and practices. I am incredibly amazed that she (or anyone) could be proud of this nonsense. But she is more exposed now, even though we knew how they felt already; she confirmed it in this email.

·
Registered
31 Posts

I hope you feel good!"
RobD......would you mind if I printed and used this.....There are townhall meetings with 125 district assemblywoman Barbara Lifton who also voted for this law feb 19, 20, & 22 inthe Cortland/Ithaca area.....You worded this perfectly(of course i would remove the part about being in law enforcement).

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Her response is exactly what I'd expect to see from these self-righteous haters of freedom. It's truly driving me crazy thatbwebhave to share the same space with people like her. Therein, however, lies the problem... This fight will NEVER be over. If /when this law gets struck down, another will be passed shortly thereafter and the process will repeat...

I don't know how a permanent solution that satisfies both camps can ever be reached - they are ignorantly convinced that all guns are evil and we are absolutely committed to protecting our constitutional rights (at least for as long as they exist). I'm having an increasingly difficult time seeing where a reasonable "compromise" can be reached - as neither side will ever be fully satisfied...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.