New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,868 Posts
She is still up on the link you provided even though I saw the statement on the FB page link. You would think if she was fired, she would be gone from the web page.
That's not the station's page.

Honestly, I understand why her show was cancelled. I listened pretty much every day on the 10 minute ride home from work (the other talk radio show has Sean Hannity at that time, and I really don't like him), and she really didn't have much variety... it was the same show with the same callers and the same guests pretty much every day. I appreciate her support for repeal of the SAFE Act and unwavering support for current military and veterans alike, and I will continue to support her in that regard. I'm sure she'll land on another station. In many ways, she ended up in the same rut as her predecessor in that time slot (Al Roney) who also did the same show day after day.

Vandenburg said this morning that she'll be replaced after the first of the year by Michael Savage who is moving to the 3-6 slot. No idea what they are doing for the rest of this month or why she was let go now... just seemed like odd timing. They will also be replacing the 12-3 slot, since Mike Huckabee is quitting radio, but I don't know if they have announced how they plan to fill that slot.

· Registered
1,868 Posts
"I would bet cummo & goons had nothing to do with it."

Ratings, ratings, ratings. If the Cuomo goons wanted someone fired from that station, they would go after Fred Dicker who is far more damaging to the administration than Melody Burns could ever be.

· Registered
14,520 Posts
That's too bad. I appreciated her support against the unsafe act.

· Registered
9,955 Posts
WBEN 930 in Buffalo might be interested in her. Anyone is better looking than Bauerle.

· Registered
3,751 Posts
Well i just googled it and came up with this thread.

· Registered
2,006 Posts
"I would bet cummo & goons had nothing to do with it."

Ratings, ratings, ratings. If the Cuomo goons wanted someone fired from that station, they would go after Fred Dicker who is far more damaging to the administration than Melody Burns could ever be.
I like Melody Burns' opinions on the Safe act and politics in general, however, she had what had to be the most boring show in radio, and coming from here, that's saying quite a bit. This is the land of Bob Mason and J.R. Ganz.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.