New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video of me getting pissed off. Please disregard this thread if you don't want to watch. Thanks.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
paying the money for the form is wrong IMO because the law itself says the county must pay for the paperwork. My only other comment is that your letting NYS win by giving up. Thats what they want you to do. Dont give up. I will even give you the links to NYS law saying they have to provide the forms at their expense so you can atleast stick them with that. I am willing to help you be the biggest pain in the butt to them if you continue on and get your permit.

Dont give up!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not giving up. I have to wait till next summer though because I don't have the time and money to deal with it now. I'm not sure, but I don't think I'd be charged for the forms, but for a stupid safety pack they make you buy. It's specific to my county, I think.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
1:39 second out of my life that I'll never get back. If you're serious about getting a NYS permit, I wish you the best of luck. If you're full of $hit, well, you get what you get. Good luck with whatever you're trying to do.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Dang!!! What are ya looking down at? Whatever the case, you do have very valid points especially about the privilege and rights thing. Never ONCE thought of a pistol like that because I've been "taught" that the permit is the thing that has to be done. Good vid and welcome to the forum!!
Dean, so when TF are we getting together? Rather buy some old .22 off you than the latest and greatest off joe shmoe... lol.... Hey, maybe you can get me into bows, lol....

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
1:39 second out of my life that I'll never get back. If you're serious about getting a NYS permit, I wish you the best of luck. If you're full of $hit, well, you get what you get. Good luck with whatever you're trying to do.
What exactly was wrong with the video?

And I too had to have my references re-sign another application, but for another reason. One screwed up signing it. :O

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dang!!! What are ya looking down at? Whatever the case, you do have very valid points. Good vid and welcome to the forum!!
Don't even remember doing it. I was making a video off the top of my head, so I guess it was me just thinking and talking.

Thanks. Glad to be here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What exactly was wrong with the video?

And I too had to have my references re-sign another application, but for another reason. One screwed up signing it. :O
I didn't even get what he was saying. He says 1:35 he'll never get back. Was that when he turned off the video? He didn't have to watch it. No one put a GUN to his head.

I also don't know how I could be full of **** about the topic...does he think I was pretending that that stuff happened?

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I didn't even get what he was saying. He says 1:35 he'll never get back. Was that when he turned off the video? He didn't have to watch it. No one put a GUN to his head.

I also don't know how I could be full of **** about the topic...does he think I was pretending that that stuff happened?
Sorry bro, I just shut it off after a minute and a half. Don't read anything into it. I'm just bored is all...

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
OK, you lost me at the last F' it (I think about the 4th or so). I think about 4:30 or so. Yeah, so I got my permit in 1998 and went through the same BS, it sucked, but I lived with it. Never posted a video on the internet bitching about it. Sorry, just me.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
OK, you lost me at the last F' it (I think about the 4th or so). I think about 4:30 or so. Yeah, so I got my permit in 1998 and went through the same BS, it sucked, but I lived with it. Never posted a video on the internet bitching about it. Sorry, just me.
I made a video log for my permit, one a month for a year. I bitched the hell out of it because this process is a complete bumblefork and everyone should be made aware if the BS we have to go through. No bitching about is actually the bad thing in my view. :/

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Got it. It is still the process we all have to deal with. I had to pass the CPA exam. It sucked. 19 1/2 hours over 3 days. So what. Lots of CPAs out there. You do what you got to do because in the end, its worth it, right? Same with pistol permit. Don't want to deal with NY law, move to VT. it's that easy.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
... and then officer X pokes around, finds your facebook page or some other blog or link and finds the vid.
That'll go great with the background investigation.

Potential employers will probably enjoy it too....

People + cameras + internet = stupid ****ers not thinking even 3 seconds ahead and potentially suffering forever for it

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Don't let the process get you down. Spend some time researching your county. Every county in NY state if slightly different. Everyone here has gone through the same type of process, it's a bit of crap, but you can muddle through it pretty easy. As for Tifosi's comment about posting this type of video bitchin about the problem I can't agree more, you never know how deep investigators will look. Anything to deny. By the way, stop rocking so much in your videos.

·
Registered
343 Posts
... and then officer X pokes around, finds your facebook page or some other blog or link and finds the vid.
That'll go great with the background investigation.

Potential employers will probably enjoy it too....

People + cameras + internet = stupid ****ers not thinking even 3 seconds ahead and potentially suffering forever for it
Do you really think making a video about disliking the pistol permit application process is grounds for denial?

Then again, you may be right... :wacko:

·
Registered
9,137 Posts

I really don't understand the desire to film yourself ranting. Who is the audience that wants to see this?

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
paying the money for the form is wrong IMO because the law itself says the county must pay for the paperwork. ... I will even give you the links to NYS law saying they have to provide the forms at their expense so you can atleast stick them with that.

Dont give up!
Could you link that for everyone? I've been trying to convince my father to get his permit. He's an avid hunter and has thought about it. Maybe if I pick it up for him, he will finally complete it.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts