New York Firearms Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
All you guys get pp1 under your belt, and then when they hold pp2 i will sign up with you guys.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Is it already full?! I went on the site and I can register for other classes, but not this one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
UPDATE: May 9th date was approved by the club tonight, I will open the class for registration on March 2nd. There will be 14 seats availble.

Practical Pistol Skills 1, May 9th, New Paltz Rod & Gun Club.
Is it already full?! I went on the site and I can register for other classes, but not this one.
3/2/15 Registration

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Done.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd hoped to sign my wife and me up for this, but the date conflicts with one of my kid's first communions.
Don't you know that Chris is also an ordained <insert your religion here> priest? He can do the communion during lunch. ;)

Sorry it doesn't work out for you. Hopefully we'll have something in the Fall, but that's going to depend on the attendance of this one.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I'm getting excited. This is going to be my fist real training experience, hopefully I haven't drilled too many bad habits into myself.

I think someone said the range is a cold range and if we were carrying in we were meeting somewhere to unload?

How many people are coming?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think someone said the range is a cold range and if we were carrying in we were meeting somewhere to unload?
Not sure where you got that from, but please don't do anything like that. It is not a "cold range" and you are welcome to carry in. The general rule (for MDTS and just overall) is no handling of firearms when not at the firing line or other designated safe area. Just leave it holstered and we'll have no issues.
If you need to unload your carry ammo or something, you can do so at the range, just ask Chris or myself if you're unsure where/when to do so. We really don't want people meeting up at some random location to futz around with their guns.

How many people are coming?
Last I talked with Chris, 12 of the 14 slots were filled.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Attended this class today. I cannot fully express how much I learned today. It was an all day, 8:30 to 4:30, fast paced day of hands on instructions. Chris always full of energy, tips and lessons learned and passed on very succinctly to the students. No B.S. involved, lessons on what, why, how, and just as important, what NOT to do. Used almost 300 rounds ( thought I had used more, another student gave me some, found out when unpacking tonight I still had 100 in a box I thought was empty). I cannot recommend this class enough, will take it again, and hope to attend the next steps when available. Now to see if my club is willing to host one.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Great class and a great group. Nice training with you guys. As said above this is a no BS course that gives you the fundamentals of self defense gun handling. I learned a lot yesterday but mostly learned that I need to train. Thanks Chris I will be seeing you at another one of your courses in the future.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.