New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of the limited space at Nassau this class is limited to 10 participants and 3 spots are already gone. 7 open spots.

MDTS Close Quarter Engagement- Force-on-Force Skills & Drills

Course Description/Objectives:
The MDTS Close Quarter Engagements (CQE) course provides students with proactive and reactive combative skill sets required at statistically common gunfight distances ranging from 0-10 ft. Following an integrated training model this course combines verbal and physical management of unknown contacts, practical unarmed combatives, concealed carry pistol skills with skill building force-on-force drills. Designed to accelerate skill development, student retention of information and the ability to confidently act during a potential threat this course is suitable for men and women of any age or physical size/stature. Training consists of presentation, close tactical shooting drills, close quarter Force-On-Force drills. The CQE curriculum will provide trainees with immediately accessible skill sets and a variety of defensive options within a use of force continuum.

Course Topics/Instructional Modules Include but are not limited to:
Threat Recognition & Management - Verbal challenge & physical boundaries
Parameters of Criminal Assault
Proactive & Reactive Engagements
Understanding Adrenaline Stress
Alternative Aiming Techniques
Dynamic Reactive Movement
Engagement from Cover & Concealment
Response to Spontaneous/Ambush Attacks
Practical Combatives Skills
Defense against Armed Assailants (contact weapons and firearms)
FOF Skills & Stress Inoculation Drills

When:
Saturday May 9th, 9am-5pm

Where: Nassau County Pistol, Uniondale NY

Cost: $175
To pre-register go to: MDTS Events and click on the Pay Now button under the course date/description

Contact: [email protected] you must contact me to secure your spot in this course

Equipment:
Comfortable clothing/Street clothes, EDC gear to include - pistol, a minimum of 1 spare magazine and carry system, concealment garment, 100 rounds ammunition, hydration, note taking materials, a bag lunch is a good idea

*This is an active class and students will be subject to mild impact. Be prepared.

**FOF gear & protective equipment will be provided by MDTS

· Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: MDTS Close Quarter Engagement-Force-on-Force Skills & Drills- May 9th -Uniondale

May 9th Course Flyer

Guys, I have been getting some questions about this class:

This class is 80% force on force with airsoft. We will be running some live fire drills in the morning and then the rest of the day will be verbal and physical boundary setting, practical unarmed skills, FOF drills and evolutions.

YOU DO NOT NEED A PISTOL FOR THIS COURSE. If you do not have a pistol permit but would like to attend this course you can conduct the live fire drills with one of my airsoft pistols, if that suits you. I do not have a problem with this since it is the concepts and FOF drills/evolutions that are most important. This is not a beginning shooters course, we will not be teaching or reviewing sight picture, alignment, trigger control and follow through. This course is about surviving a close quarter engagement with an armed or unarmed aggressor intent on harming you.

The only stipulation to the above is that You must be 21yo and a US Citizen. You will also need an MDTS Training Application found here: MDTS Application

Fill it out, scan it and email it to me at least 10days prior to the class or mail it to the address below:
MDTS
PO BOX 323
New Hartford, NY 13413

Hope this helps

· Registered
5 Posts
Re: MDTS Close Quarter Engagement-Force-on-Force Skills & Drills- May 9th -Union

Hey all, I just took this course with Chris on Saturday In Uniondale, NY. It was my first ever training course and I couldn't be happier. I felt completely safe and I feel like I walked away with a ton of new knowledge that I actually still remember days later. This course is a real eye opener and anyone into learning how to better defend yourself should check it out. I'll be signing up for more courses through MDTS.

Ryan

· Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: MDTS Close Quarter Engagement-Force-on-Force Skills & Drills- May 9th -Uniondale

Thanks Ryan, you did real well for your first training class.

I did not have much time to take pics at this one because of the fast pace of this course. Here are the few I got-

Ryan and Mike in combative clinch working handgun weapon retention
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

The start of the FOF man on man drills

Airsoft WILL leave a mark
but if your not feeling it when you get hit FOF is useless

· Premium Member
10,553 Posts

ChrisFry said:
Airsoft WILL leave a mark
Yep. I took one in the middle knuckle of my ring finger in your low light class. The purple mark went away after a week but it still hurts a lot of I touch it. Probably a chipped bone. Don't know what else would make it still hurt after almost 2 months. Maybe I should get an x-ray or something.

· Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

darkvibe said:
Yep. I took one in the middle knuckle of my ring finger in your low light class. The purple mark went away after a week but it still hurts a lot of I touch it. Probably a chipped bone. Don't know what else would make it still hurt after almost 2 months. Maybe I should get an x-ray or something.
The small bones of the hands are funny. I took a simm round to my middle finger of my dominant hand in 2007 and on certain days that knuckle still hurts. Were you wearing gloves? One of the guys this weekend took one in the knuckle and it swelled up pretty good.

· Premium Member
10,553 Posts

No gloves. It's my weak hand at least. Everyone was shooting at the light! :) I took about 6 rounds to my right hand and none in my left hand.

· Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

darkvibe said:
No gloves. It's my weak hand at least. Everyone was shooting at the light! :) I took about 6 rounds to my right hand and none in my left hand.
Sorry about the hand bro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.