New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

· Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
480 Posts
Assemblyman Stevee McLaughlin emerges as likely GOP challenger to Cuomo - NYPOST.com
Fred Dicker from the NY Post is reporting today that Steve McLaughlin is planning to run for Governor. If this is true, we need to do everything in our power to raise money for him, and beat the bushes to get out every possible vote on election day. He may be our last hope...
If there are 4 million gun owners in NY state we need to step up if he runs. If we can spend thousands of dollars on our guns, we surely can donate that kind of money to a cadidate that supports our cause. $1000 x 4 million gun owners = $4 BILLION. Now that is a war chest. I know not all of us can contribute at that level, but in this case we should give until it hurts.

· Registered
14,520 Posts
this would be tremendous. i think we all need to email McLaughlin with encouraging words to let him know we need him to run. and if/when he does we all need to get busy helping the cause.

· Registered
658 Posts
Run Steve, Run!!!

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Assemblyman Stevee McLaughlin emerges as likely GOP challenger to Cuomo - NYPOST.com
Fred Dicker from the NY Post is reporting today that Steve McLaughlin is planning to run for Governor. If this is true, we need to do everything in our power to raise money for him, and beat the bushes to get out every possible vote on election day. He may be our last hope...
Best news of the day. I also will do anything I can to help this man be gov. He has a no BS approach and has ethics. Wouldn't that be refreshing.

· Registered
297 Posts
From Steve's Facebook page.
"So much for a quiet Monday.....
While this is certainly premature and I have not announced or decided anything, it is true that I am considering it. I assume quite a few people are considering a run against Cuomo as I know there are many, millions actually, who are fed up with the bullying of this Governor. Bullying is not leadership and people don't like bullies much.
NY still ranks #49 on the list of business friendly states. Our economy is floundering badly and Cuomo's only idea is to create tax free zones for the connected cronies while the rest of the state suffers. People are exiting upstate in droves and he ignores all but his progressive agenda.
One thing I do know is that Cuomo will not lead this state back to greatness."

· Registered
104 Posts
I agree but let's be realistic. 1 million x $50= $50M to Cuomo's $23. You do not have to give all $50 at once either. $10 a week for 5 weeks will cover it. Whatever you can give will be great.

Imagine the publicity when Steve does decide to run and he gets even $10M in less than a month. The Liberals will be running for cover and try to discredit him but we will not allow it.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
If we can spend thousands of dollars on our guns, we surely can donate that kind of money to a cadidate that supports our cause. .
A gun will never try to take your liberty a politician is only a friend whe they need money. I would rather flush 1000 dollars down the drain than give it to any politician.

· Registered
4,955 Posts
Let's hope Steve M. isn't even running against Cuomo. Cuomo needs to strike out in the primaries...at the very least a Democratic challenger needs to step up and bleed Cuomo dry before he's even in the final Governor race. Steve M. is a great speaker and a sharp guy, keeping my fingers crossed that it's smooth sailing for him in the race...

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.