New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen a thread on this forum about the "McFadden Ultimate Clip Loader" is a must have for the Ruger Mark 11 or the Mark 111 - 22 caliber auto's or for the Browning Buckmark, So I went to youtube and checked it out. I bought one off of E-Bay and it came in the mail today. What a nice addition for loading the magazines for my Mark 2. I have two stainless target model Ruger Mark 2 - 22 caliber autos, both have bull-barrels. I have three magazines for them and will be buying a couple of more here shortly. One of the mags I have did not want to feed the shells, the other two the shells fell right in. If you have a Mark 2 or a Buckmark you know how much of a pain it is to load the magazine if your going to do any amout of shooting. That little knob you need to pull down cuts into your thumb. This "McFadden Ultimate Clip Loader" is the best damn thing since sliced bread, it cost me just under $30 for it with $8 of it being shipping. I never would of known about it if I have read about it on here.

One thing I did do was hang a shell up right where it slips into the magazine, I unjamed it with a butter knife. It was probably my fault, I'm sure if I read the directions that came with it I wouldn't of done that. But still it's a handy little addition to have at the target range. Until I get it down I'll just have the butter knife in my box of target items that I take with me to the range.

Any one else use these besides he person whoposted it? I really like it.

Here's a picture of my two Ruger Mark 2s & the "McFadden Ultimale Clip Loader", my Ruger single-six 22LR/22mag and my TC Contender in 22LR with the 14" - 45LC/410 barrel. I need to buy the fore-end for the 45LC/410 barrel. I'm going to buy a few more 14" barrels for it. I want to get a 30-30, 223, 222, 357mag, maybe a few more.

(The 2nd mag on the left side under the Mark 2 with the ten inch barrel with the silver bottom is the one that wouldn't feed the shells.) The other two black bottom mags feed the shells just fine.

Table Trigger Wood Tableware Air gun

· Super Moderator
3,277 Posts
I don't use one but a couple guys I shoot with do and they swear by them. We always just used the plastic one you slip over the magazine to push the follower button down. They are made by ADCO and cost about $4. BTW, the McFadden is on sale at Midway for $20.

· Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have two Ruger Mark 2s,And I have three magazines, one of the mags will not except the shells from the McFadden ClipLoader, The other two it works like a charm. I use it just for when I target shoot. It was well worth the $30 I paid for it with the shipping.
Have you tried it on any other mags?
Check this video out: McFadden Ultimate Clip Loader - YouTube

· Registered
2,169 Posts
Gonna look into this loader as I don't have but 2 mags.

· Registered
2,689 Posts
I have one for my Mark III. I was previously in the market for more magazines, but now I see no need. They are amazing, and literally load a magazine in 2 seconds. It takes about the same amount of time to remove the magazine from the gun as it does to fill it with rounds. I highly recommend it as an excellent accessory.

The problem now is finding .22 to put in it.

· Registered
266 Posts
I have one for my MK1.... I use Mk2 mags in it with the button switched on the other side.

since the button is on the other side and doesnt hit the adjustment screw, sometimes the last round doesnt load. no big deal.

its wonderful though.

Brian

· Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I cut way back on target shooting since the ammo restriction took place, Tomorrow Big 5 is supose to get ammo in. If they actually do I'm going to buy a couple of bricks of 22LR. The guy said they were $30 a brick, I have a couple bricks I'm siting on but won't shoot any until I have some new stock to replace it. I'm going to order the ADCO Mag Loader tomorrow when I get home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.