New York Firearms Forum banner

Massachusetts police chiefs demand more power to disarm citizenry

723 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Bigaz84 
#1 ·
"Police chiefs rally for gun safety at the State House," WWLP-22News ("Working for You") "reported" Tuesday.

"Reported" was put in quotation marks, because this thinly-disguised paean to state control begins with the biggest gun-grabber lie of all, that citizen disarmament provides safety, immediately followed by their lie du jour, that "There have been 74 school shootings since Sandy Hook," a bit of manipulation and deception exposed for what it is by journalist Charles C. Johnson.

"The unusual public criticism by police chiefs comes after the Senate last week voted to remove a House provision giving chiefs discretion to deny firearms identification cards, required to buy shotguns and rifles, to people they deem unsuitable," The Boston Globe explained. "They now have that discretion over licenses to carry handguns."

Massachusetts police chiefs demand more power to disarm citizenry - National gun rights | Examiner.com

#2 ·
This is another blatant power grab by the Mass State PD by asserting their non existient power to decide who gets and who doesn't . After Heller , this type of regulation isn't warranted for this type power grab ! It's time to kick this PD chief to the curb along with Devall Patrick . He is sure turning out to be a big Tyrant !

#4 ·
Agree what the boston chief said was ridiculous, however "demand" in the headline is a bit over the top. I'm sure he would if he could, but he didn't "demand" anything. Was just a typical, "nobody needs a shotgun in this city".

Sorry- I hate overly dramatic headlines almost as much as infringement on liberties.

#5 ·
I thought NY was bad with issuing pistol permits. MA is insane. At least here you'll eventually get a permit after jump through a few hoops (excluding NYC).

#6 ·
Eventually, as in almost 2 years? Hopefully you don't need to defend yourself waiting for your permit!

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

#7 ·
California, New York & Massachusetts always seem to try and out do one another when it comes to gun control....there are others, but these are the three that came to my mind first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.