New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maryland Man Shoots Home Intruder: Charged With Murder

The state has charged Matthew Pinkerton with 2nd Degree Murder. Their sole basis for this charge is that he should have called 911. There is no nationwide average response time for a 911 call, however unless they are faster than 1,310 ft/s, there really is no point in calling 911 in the case of a hostile home invasion. While the Assistant State's Attorney, Glen Neubauer, maintains that he should have called 911, and that even the act of grabbing the gun in the first place is "bizarre behavior in itself," Pinkerton's lawyer, Peter O'Neill, said it best when he acknowledged that, "By the time 911 is called, he's dead."

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS MAN IS CHARGED??

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
The judge needs to go for even allowing this and the DA needs to be fired and fined for wasting taxpayer money to prosecute this.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Is this some new law that you have to call 911, the courts have already decided that the police don't have to protect you.
Try breaking into any member of this forums homes, lets see how many of us will grab the phone to call 911 or are going to use our G-d given right to protect ourselves and families.
I have little doubt a jury will see the truth, this is clearly self defense. The scum of the earth DA who brought him up on charges is doing nothing to protect the community and should be removed from his position and be made to pay this patriots legal expenses.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Sure, why not - charges or no charges, the pay is the same for the DA. Their job is to prosecute, if the person charged has actually committed a crime that is probably an easier case, but it is by no means a requirement.

It seems that Maryland does not have a written law on the justification of deadly force (unlike Article 35 in NY), it mostly relies on case law as a guide.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
After being warned to leave, Mr. Green was shot once as “he was motioning to his waist band flipping his shirt” and he was shot again when he continued to advance, according to Michael.

LEO's shoot people who they say appear to be reaching for something and they are not arrested for it. This guy does it in his own house and he's locked up. What a joke.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
If as article portrays it the case is a no brainer and he'll be acquitted. Could just be the prosecution going through the motions.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
at face value (reading what you quoted here) it seems completely ridiculous. if a violent home invader comes into my home a first response is grabbing a firearm for defense, and second move is the phone if there is time. but if i only have time for one it certainly isnt going to be the phone.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
with the info supplied,I assume the guy will get off. Will we know the entire story ? Based on the information,didn't the case first go to a grand jury to determine if charges are applicable ? Somthing smells here.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I'm really never surprised by these type of stories any longer.

Our country has become desensitized to government overreach, just as it has to violence, sexually explicit material, and so on. With the advent of the internet, we see more and more stories like this. For those that stand for the Constitution, stuff like this is an injustice, but for the rest of the population that is asleep at the wheel of Freedom, or outright against Freedom, these stories are just another example of the "gun problem" we supposedly have in this country.

We'll likely need a few more Waco's, at the least, before people wake up to how dangerous an "above the law," unaccountable government can be.

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
someone must have eventually called 911, right? case closed.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Another example of the government sending a message of unconstitutionality to those that still understand that document. Efem!!! if there is a defense fund set up, I'll kick in!
Robin

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
My head hurts...I'm going to donate to his legal defense fund. Hopefully he'll get a lot, and that in itself will/should send a message.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The whole situation around how they know this guy is more than a little strange to me, however, you break into my home and threaten me you're going to get the same treatment - double tap, center mass. Also, it happened in Glen Burnie which is a DC suburb and a place more than likely crawling with people who have a pathological desire to control and run other people's lives (Democrats). No surprise that a DA would pander to them.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
This District Attorney's office needs to get pounded with emails.

·
Registered
690 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
MD is now a gun-grabbing state. What did you expect? Osama will probably get on the TV and convict this man in the court of public opinion.

This reminds me of the Zimmerman case. Hopefully, the shooter will be fully exonerated in a court of law. In the Zimmerman case, the state of Florida was forced to pay George's legal bills which hopefully discourages them in the future from bringing frivolous charges against their citizens.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If he pepper sprayed the guy or hit him with a bat, would he have gotten charged with assault;if the guy came at the intruder with a bowie knife, would he be charged with assault with a deadly weapon? this is in the guys own house,not 2 people arguing in a park. that DA should get his head out of his ass & drop the charges...

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
If as article portrays it the case is a no brainer and he'll be acquitted. Could just be the prosecution going through the motions.
He's going through the motions alright - queue up the Barry White music and dim the lights. This guy will be piss poor to defend himself in court because this DA is going through his "motions" - wrong. Just wrong. This DA should pay (out of his salary) this guys lawyer and bond fees.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts