1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hell yeah.

Maryland Gun Store Backtracks on Smart Gun Sales After Public Outcry

This is a pretty good quote from one of the commenters:

"NJ's law specifies that only smart guns would be legal to sell in NJ within 3 yr after a practical smart gun goes on sale. From here its a small step to declare that ONLY smart guns are legal to possess. Thus, at a single stroke, virtually ALL other guns would be illegal to own in NJ, thereby eliminating something like 99% of all guns from the hands of citizens unless they can afford to buy the new gun.
The purpose of the smart gun technology isn't to make safer guns but rather to make it possible to BAN ALL OLDER (ie non-smart guns) models and thus massively reduce private ownership of firearms, which is the ultimate goal of the anti-gun crowd".

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
So much for SCOTUS' ruling on "common use" huh?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
There should be a law allowing only smart politicians to hold office

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Everyone in tge industry needs to denounce these so called "smart guns".

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everyone in tge industry needs to denounce these so called "smart guns".
Yes, it should be a rally cry. But, you know anti gun activists will be opening a Smart Gun Store in the near future.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Just another symptom! The real problem is the political ruling class that no longer uses the Unites States Constitution as the source from which all laws are judged. Their Governor has drank the Kool-Ade and is a believer, he really thinks he knows better for you than you do. Ours is just a tin horn fascist tyrant.
Robin

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
There should be a law allowing only smart politicians to hold office
You're absolutely right. Politicians should be wearing some sort of electronic bracelet. Around their ankle, maybe.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Hell yeah.

Maryland Gun Store Backtracks on Smart Gun Sales After Public Outcry

This is a pretty good quote from one of the commenters:

"NJ's law specifies that only smart guns would be legal to sell in NJ within 3 yr after a practical smart gun goes on sale. From here its a small step to declare that ONLY smart guns are legal to possess. Thus, at a single stroke, virtually ALL other guns would be illegal to own in NJ, thereby eliminating something like 99% of all guns from the hands of citizens unless they can afford to buy the new gun.
The purpose of the smart gun technology isn't to make safer guns but rather to make it possible to BAN ALL OLDER (ie non-smart guns) models and thus massively reduce private ownership of firearms, which is the ultimate goal of the anti-gun crowd".
I see nothing wrong with the idea of a "smart gun". There are some people that for some reason might might want to have a "smart gun". I think the problem is states trying to pass regulations mandating SGs. If somebody wants to make a product no one wants to buy he should have the right to do it.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Generally it's hard to get standing if a law like this hasn't gone into effect yet. Since it hasn't been triggered it can't be quashed.
Be that as it may, when it comes to enumerated rights we shouldn't have to wait until someone can show harm. Right now things are bass-ackward in that regard...

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see nothing wrong with the idea of a "smart gun". There are some people that for some reason might might want to have a "smart gun". I think the problem is states trying to pass regulations mandating SGs. If somebody wants to make a product no one wants to buy he should have the right to do it.
That's ok, you don't get it...I get it.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
If you wish to purchase a gun that be hacked or shut off by the PD with a jammer, be my guest but you might want to reacess your stance on this cause when the legislature deems that from now on all guns that are sold will be " smart guns " , you have basically banned all other guns from being sold or owned . This is very dangerous stance from where I stand because you have now declared that every thing your friends own is now contraband and you are now all felons for owning the guns that were ok before now contraband . The same arguement is being made over the safe act, we all had EBR till the safe act deemed they were contraband now we are the bad guys for having them . This is bad protocol.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Smart gun, old gun, any gun, it doesn't matter its the wielder of the gun is what matters. Should be that if someone shows signs of mental issues they should be tested treated and observed so any weapon (gun, knife, brick) cannot be blamed for a murder, menacing or killing.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
If you wish to purchase a gun that be hacked or shut off by the PD with a jammer, be my guest but you might want to reacess your stance on this cause when the legislature deems that from now on all guns that are sold will be " smart guns " , you have basically banned all other guns from being sold or owned...
Bull****. Someone who wants one of these hasn't done anything except make the choice to buy a certain type of gun, just like you want to be able to do.

The only people to blame here are the legislators and those who vote them in and don't reign them in. And frankly I think these smart guns should be sold, not only because some people probably want them (hey, free market anyone?) but because it's ridiculous for New Jersey to have this stupid law on the books. Banning 99.3% of guns might just push the courts over the edge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts