New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maryland Attorney General Legal Brief On Guns

The Captain's Journal » Maryland Attorney General Legal Brief On Guns
Filed on the day of the deadline, the "Brief of Defendants-Appellees" is now former attorney general Doug Gansler's response to the appeal filed by the various gun control groups in the case entitled Steven V. Kolbe v. Martin O'Malley (4th Circuit Court of Appeals case number 14-1945). While the brief is seventy four pages long, and filled with cited case law and precedent, several particular passages stand out as noteworthy.
"The banned firearms [AR-15's and AK-47's] are not commonly used for self-defense, and more than ten rounds are rarely, if ever, required for self-defense. Thus, the banned firearms and magazines do not fall within the scope of the Second Amendment's protection." Pg. 24 of 74, under "Summary of Argument."

·
Registered
605 Posts
Can someone please find and post a good reference (at least as good as mother jones) eith the pic and reporting on the store owners in Ferguson protecting themselves and their shops with ARs. And the korean-americans on the roof of their store in LA.

My question to all this- then why are police exempt? Is the state really arguing that the police are supposed to be armed and ready to cobduct offensive assaults that have no defensive purpose?

·
Registered
764 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I challenge him to show the proof of his fallacious statement!

What evidence supports his incorrect claim that AR15s and AKs aren't used for home defense? Or that 10 rounds are enough?
I seem to recall at least one article (not the Fergusen one) where someone was attacked by multiple assailants and required more than 10.

No more taking these people's BS statements at face value. I don't care if you're an AG or the President of the whole universe. Prove your statement or GTFO!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts