New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I think that I probably would have perished in a pile of hot brass. WTF.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
If true as written the guy should loose his job, but with this regime hell probably get a bonus and be cited of valor. Real tough guys don't need to violate the law to get the job done.
Robin

·
Registered
75 Posts
From one the of the articles, Wiggins (the marshall) interview:
Goldsberry wasn't arrested or shot despite pointing a gun at a cop, so Wiggins said, "She sure shouldn't be going to the press."
. Pointing a gun at a cop is usually sufficient reason for automatic execution, innocent or not, so I get what he is saying. And if he killed her, he would not likely get in much trouble. But Andy Griffith he is not! The arrogance...I can't take it.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Awful lot of isolated incidents happening.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
. Pointing a gun at a cop is usually sufficient reason for automatic execution, innocent or not, so I get what he is saying. And if he killed her, he would not likely get in much trouble. But Andy Griffith he is not! The arrogance...I can't take it.

They did not identify themselves nor do they supply a warrant. My gun would have been drawn on them as well. And if he did shoot her, I bet he would at least lose his job.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
. Pointing a gun at a cop is usually sufficient reason for automatic execution.

That's FUBAR.....I want to meet this clown.....

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
They're lucky she was so terrified. Could have ended very badly for a marshal and both of those people.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome to the New America.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
We all need steel frames and steel doors, then tell anyone to suck it if they don't show a warrant. They need to wear standard police uniforms, not SWAT gear. I have no sympathy when they get killed pulling this crap, like the few who got shot last year because a guy thought a gang was breaking in. As long as this is America, they are wrong, I don''t care what the law says.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm beginning to think the DHS has a lot to do with this....DHS is inserting it's agenda into local police training, Marshall's training, etc.
I feel this militarization of police is not only a bad idea, but an anti_American one as well. I cannot comprehend how ANYONE could be comfortable with this kind of cop behavior or cop training. If this had happened to me, I would take that language as NON-cop behavior, and acted accordingly. This guy is lucky he did not get his head blown off when he entered into that house.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts