New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
5,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how to adjust an extractor on a Marlin 80 bolt (It's actually a JC Higgins 103.16) It wouldn't grab the empty case so I tweaked the right side of it a bit and how it pulls the case out of the camber but wont' eject it. It's probably just bend a little trial and error, but I would like a definitive answer is available.

· Registered
9,724 Posts
Pics would help in this case. Not grabbing the shell at first could be a number of things including a weak lock up when the bolt is closed. My guess would be (just a guess here) that the extractor arm(s) may be worn out. Try Numrich's for replacements.

Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories

I've also seen ammo cause this problem. Have you tried different ammo? That link above is already at the Model 80 page. Part#'s 80-13, 80-14 and 80-15 are probably what you should look at.

unless you have a newer version and in which case, 80-18 would be what you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.