1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
They can demand the marines to do something after they serve a few combat tours overseas

·
Registered
126 Posts
Did you guys read the (short) article?

"In recent months, the MAAF has made a splash by taking on Christian themes in the military and championing atheism in the U.S. Armed Forces. Led by Jason Torpy, who was a West Point graduate and who fought in Iraq, the group seems to be following along the same somewhat antagonistic path as the Freedom From Religion Foundation, among other "freethinking" groups."

Led by a West Pointer who served in Iraq.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
If it is anything like the white house first they will ask for the removal of the cross and next year they will ask to raise a mosque in its place and
ask everyone respecting the whole thing. What are we dummies?
Do you know how I feel about this and I will tell to those knuckleheads? I do not care if you are a Chistian, a Jew, a Budist, a muslim or an atheist but if you try to schit on the memory of others, the faith of others, the military traditions, the tombstones of true heroes then you are going to get kicked in the nuts so please have some respect for the fallen and go and fvck yourself in your own azz.
I am a quite calm man but that is how I feel about this in polite words. Same schit in Canada and Europe all over that is already lost.

..sorry for the rant but these are the things push me on the red button.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
I think it will probably get taken down.
My personal opinion is who cares, as long as the other religious groups and athiests aren't told they can't put up their own symbols for our fallen service members.
How much of a free thinker are you if you try to impose your will on others who dont believe the same as you?

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I think it will probably get taken down.
My personal opinion is who cares, as long as the other religious groups and athiests aren't told they can't put up their own symbols for our fallen service members.
How much of a free thinker are you if you try to impose your will on others who dont believe the same as you?
It is beyond that. You let the others say their payers, put their symbols and pay their respects and their traditions and go and do yours in peace. Nobody is imposing anything here.
If you go to many miltary cemeteries where greatest battles have been done you will see all the different symbols of the different traditions all together and people are having a lot of respect regardless what symbol.
The problem is not the jews or the christians or the atheists or the budists or the muslims but those who are radicals and what to piss all over. Islamism is not Islam, instead of a religion is a culture of hate. Some atheists are also mad at everything, it looks to me w/o hate there is no reason for them to live.
Freedom of faith and religion yes. Imposing anything no.

·
6,795 Posts
Sure they are. They are imposing their idea that a cross shouldnt be placed on Federal Land. The article even says they are championing Atheism in the military. Atheism and all other religions are a belief system. All the religions and Atheism have differences in what they believe in, and all of them are based around god are they not? Believing there is no god is still a belief that deals with god just like all the other religions.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Did you guys read the (short) article?

"In recent months, the MAAF has made a splash by taking on Christian themes in the military and championing atheism in the U.S. Armed Forces. Led by Jason Torpy, who was a West Point graduate and who fought in Iraq, the group seems to be following along the same somewhat antagonistic path as the Freedom From Religion Foundation, among other "freethinking" groups."

Led by a West Pointer who served in Iraq.
I didn't see that I honestly just skimmed the article, what the **** is his problem he has no respect for fallen comrades? This has nothing to do with religion the cross has many meanings, and remembering lost lives is one of them.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
My problem with atheists is that if they see a cross or the word God they think everyone is shoving it down their throats. They're angry for the sake of being angry.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I think I shared this before.
Please take a few minutes and listen to Tarek Fatah and you will get a good idea how big the problem is. Many
good and smart Muslims are worry about what other "Muslims" are doing....

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Atheism is a lack of belief in god or gods. There is no other set of beliefs with that, none. It is not a religion and i find it rather unfathomable for anyone to ever suggest so. All religions have sets of beliefs. Atheists cannot fall into this definition.

Also, it should be noted that only a very small percentage of atheists give a rats butt about people erecting crosses or a Star of David or anything else. A vast majority just don't give a crap at all. It is only the vocal few you hear about, do not lump us all into the same boat.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
My problem with atheists is that if they see a cross or the word God they think everyone is shoving it down their throats. They're angry for the sake of being angry.
Yea, I don't believe in god myself, but I don't take offense to people who do do have a belief system - unless they are at my front door insisting they come in to spread the word of god while I'm eating dinner, if I wanna learn about your god I have the internet and I'm sure I can call you.

Edit: I am not Atheist I'm more Agnostic, not into the whole "One and only one" concept but I sure do believe there are higher forms of intellegence/exsistance.

·
6,795 Posts
Atheism is a lack of belief in god or gods. There is no other set of beliefs with that, none. It is not a religion and i find it rather unfathomable for anyone to ever suggest so. All religions have sets of beliefs. Atheists cannot fall into this definition.

Also, it should be noted that only a very small percentage of atheists give a rats butt about people erecting crosses or a Star of David or anything else. A vast majority just don't give a crap at all. It is only the vocal few you hear about, do not lump us all into the same boat.

I am not trying to offend you but I will try to explain better what I mean. Below are definitions of religion.

1.a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects

the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.

the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.

the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

Here is definition of Atheism

a·the·ism
noun 1.the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

My point is by definition Atheism is a religion. By calling oneself with Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, Jewish or whatever, you fall under a religion by definition. So my point is its not right for any religous group even if they dont believe in god to impose their belief system or ideals on another if they aren't hurting anyone.

I do agree with you that the ones in the article are a small group and no one should think they all feel the same way.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Them Marines humped that cross up that steep Rss hill to Honor the fallen. That X Pointer Torpy should have more Honor , and respect. I stick my middle finger up at him!! One nation under God, in God we trust,God bless Americe. What part of that don't they understand

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I honestly don't know what I believe anymore, but F the aethiests and God Bless America and all those who serve to protect it. The only people who would give a rats a$$ to have a cross removed from the middle of a desert are those who have a larger mission to bring down the entire country and what it stand for. F them. Its time for everyone who believes that this is the greatest country in the world to stand up for it, and preseve it, for our children's sake. I've about enough of this crap.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
I honestly don't know what I believe anymore, but F the aethiests and God Bless America and all those who serve to protect it. The only people who would give a rats a$$ to have a cross removed from the middle of a desert are those who have a larger mission to bring down the entire country and what it stand for. F them. Its time for everyone who believes that this is the greatest country in the world to stand up for it, and preseve it, for our children's sake. I've about enough of this crap.
If somebody built a mosque on public land and made you pay for it, you'd be cool with it then?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts