New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in getting my first AR. I'm not interested in putting something together myself at this point and I like the peace of mind of knowing that I'm buying something of the shelf that is legal to own in NYS.

I see that Bushmaster offers a model specifically for sale in states where the 1994 restrictions are still in effect.
Bushmaster - Home Defense & Recreation Rifles

Anyone know of other manufactures that offer something similar?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I'm fairly certain that most manufacturers that make AR-15's or varients, make a NY compliant AR-15. I own a bushmaster m4a3. I'd recommend you purchase a flat top so that you can easily mount a red dot or scope down the line by just removing the carry handle.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Actually several of the uppers we have right now have A2 flash hiders on them, because we figured we'd let the buyer choose what they want for a brake before we pin/weld it on :)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Actually several of the uppers we have right now have A2 flash hiders on them, because we figured we'd let the buyer choose what they want for a brake before we pin/weld it on :)
Oh cool, you do the mig'n there eh?

Do you also sell brakes there as well?

Later in the year I may be wanting to put together another AR, just waiting to see if I am going to be moving out of NY before settling on a NY ban version ;)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Oh cool, you do the mig'n there eh?

Do you also sell brakes there as well?

Later in the year I may be wanting to put together another AR, just waiting to see if I am going to be moving out of NY before settling on a NY ban version ;)
Yeah we're doing the pinning in house, and then a quick tig weld at a local place. As we grow we'll prob bring the tig in-house as well. We have a huge selection of brakes in stock, and we plan to keep it that way.

:D

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
As far as manufacturers go, the list is almost endless. Their are a lot of quallity companies making AR-15 variants. Almost all of the companies make a NY legal rifle, or a good gunshop (like allstar) would be able to make the rifle compliant for you. A lot of shooters feel very adimit about one company over another, and the discussion can be very long. So my suggestion for someone wanting to buy a complete rifle is to go with a better known company. I'm not saing that lesser known companies suck, but someone without a lot of knowledge might get talked into a lesser rifle. If you know someone near you that has experience around ARs you may want to bring them with you. I've looked at two guns from the same manufacturer and found one of them a little bit better in my opinion. They were priced the same, sitting next to each other.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Not at all.

He charged me $950 for it. The guy's name is Ryan - fantastic person to deal with. He'll help you with anything you need.

Lake Erie Arms

1 - 11 of 11 Posts