1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
71 Posts
Him being charged in this case is definitely appropriate. It is very fortunate others were not seriously hurt because of this guy's stupidity, and it makes the rest of us look bad. If you can't be responsible enough to carry safely, then do us all a favor and DON'T CARRY!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
What a dumb arse! Who shows there friend a loaded weapon in a public restaurant? I don't even like showing my friends my guns in my home.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
If the guy got his permit in Monroe county, then I'm hoping his references have gotten some slaps upside the head. This guy's story reeks of immaturity and irresponsibility.

Edit: From a 70 year old?!?!? Just goes to show everyone that maturity and age aren't the same thing.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Hmmm...

finger discipline : FAIL
muzzle control : FAIL

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
something just like this allegedly happened here at Hot Shots a few years ago when I still played.
I really don't know why these people feel the need to show their friends their ccw in a public place like that, and can't fathom the amount of FAIL that then ensues.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I can definitely understand why business owners have the right to not allow CC in their places of business.

·
Registered
387 Posts
He should be charged, but not with a 1st degree felony. C'mon - The guy f-ed up and should feel it, but that charge is over the top.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
He should be charged, but not with a 1st degree felony. C'mon - The guy f-ed up and should feel it, but that charge is over the top.
I don't know about that.. it was felony level stupid. I bet you would have a different opinion if you were sitting in a booth next to them.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I don't know about that.. it was felony level stupid. I bet you would have a different opinion if you were sitting in a booth next to them.
Damn well coulda been, since I have spent some time there and know the owner personally.....

For the definition in NY, see: http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article120.htm#p120.25

Hard for me to buy that he had "a depraved indifference to human life".

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Maybe it's just me but discharging a firearm in a public restaurant would qualify for "recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to another person". He easily could have killed somebody.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Maybe it's just me but discharging a firearm in a public restaurant would qualify for "recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to another person". He easily could have killed somebody.
I totally agree with you. We are just differing on the charge. Wouldn't this be more appropriate:

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article120.htm#p120.20

My argument is only that this should not be charged as a felony. The grand jury might toss it as presented, and then he gets no charges instead of the right charge.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I don't think that he intended to be a felon but what he did was incredibly stupid. I think according to the written law he was a threat of death not just serious injury. I doubt they are going to take it easy on him even if he is almost 70 and has a clean record. This was a gun related crime so I'm sure with the unsafe act and all they will ream this guy.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
On the good side, he got two with one shot.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Bridgeport cop shoots self in the leg

Just curious if the Bridgeport CT cop who shot himself in the leg is going to be charged with a felony also, he shot himself after having his firearm returned from being loaned out to fellow cop, while having donuts, can't make this stuff up.

Bridgeport cop shoots self in the leg - Connecticut Post
Per the SAFE act, When donuts are involved, it's an automatic felony.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts