New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
11,402 Posts
What a goon this guy. He needs to leave all the microphone and gadgets at home and do a little more walking.
And properly finish off the game first thing. Sorry I just cannot stand people that desecrate mother nature's gifts.

· Registered
8,342 Posts
Anyone else notice how close the road was? I lived in NC for 8 years and I am not a fan of running deer with dogs. Alot of those guys would sit around and get drunk in the truck until the dogs started barking. They then follow the tracking collars by driving on roads. They charge into the woods and just start spraying lead all over. The idiot in this video needs to stop saying deer down 50 times and finish it quickly so its deer dead. It's a disgrace to not finish it quickly if you can. Running deer with dogs is the ultimate in lazy hunting. It promotes trespassing because you can't control the dogs. The dogs are also not treated well at all by many of the hunters. They get shot quite often and are lucky to get fed when its not hunting season.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
That kind of takes the "Hunt" out of hunting.......Hell a monkey could do that...!

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Meketrefe and Bill, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but that deer was dead.

Have you ever heard of muscle contractions after death. That is all that this was.

Deer can have muscle spasms after death for quite awhile. Putting another bullet in it or slitting its throat wouldn't have done much.

I've seen this many times. I have even seen it with a cow after the farmer put a bullet through its head, the cow was still having muscle contractions after an hour. This is because nerve impulses can still fire after death and cause the muscle to move.

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think there is plenty of sport in it, but I am also an avid hound hunter be it **** dogs, beagles or coyote dogs. It is just a totally different type of hunting. To get a dog or a group of dogs that can work a track just the way you want and then be able to anticipate what is going to happen is a rush when orchestrated just right.

I do have problems with people who abuse their dogs and will not tolerate it, my **** dog gets regular checkups, usually a few more because of work related injuries. Eats as much as he wants each day and sleeps at the foot of my bed, hunting with your best friend is awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I love sitting in my tree stand and trying to out wait the elusive whitetail, but we have all had those days or weeks where the deer are being lazy and need a real kick in the ass, nothing better than a hound dog that loves his job to tear up the brush and get them up and moving in front of everyone.

· The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Driving with dogs isn't for me. Neither is treeing bears or mountain lion with dogs either though. I prefer more of a "fair chase" type of hunting. To each their own though. It's normal to hunt over bait in many places.

I'm not going to criticize someone for hunting the way they were taught, provided it is legal and safe.

· Registered
8,342 Posts
Meketrefe and Bill, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but that deer was dead.

Have you ever heard of muscle contractions after death. That is all that this was.

Deer can have muscle spasms after death for quite awhile. Putting another bullet in it or slitting its throat wouldn't have done much.

I've seen this many times. I have even seen it with a cow after the farmer put a bullet through its head, the cow was still having muscle contractions after an hour. This is because nerve impulses can still fire after death and cause the muscle to move.
Contractions are different from breathing. It looked like that one was still breathing. Not sure where it was hit. I know contractions can happen but is it that tough to make sure its down and out? I personally have never had that happen with a deer. It happens with hogs alot more for some reason.

· Registered
11,402 Posts

I know what I see when I see it. I was slowly introduced to hunting since I was 8 so... ..my job then was keeping the young dogs on a leash and lunch safe while I saw the play from a ridge from some of the finest hunters .... total 40 years.

I agree with you that after all his youtube speech the deer gave up and it was probably twitching but if you look right after he took the shot and he started his 'drunk' like rhetoric the deer was breathing. Breathing is no spasm. The first thing he should have done is to go there quickly w/o any delays and saying any words and put a round or the knife in the base of the neck. That is instant. I hunted overseas many times and that is a sacred moment in many cultures. A lot of people say a prayer after that specially many that rely on that meat to feed their families or survive somehow. But instead he started broadcasting some mambo-jambo about his absurd way of entertainment.

Driving with dogs can be a lot of fun. You need a lot of land and stay away from any roads, specially with so many dogs. It is a great opportunity to walk with the dogs and get some fitness in you. Everyone knows that no gym in the world is going to give you the fun and workout as walking with your dogs through woods or wetlands. Also you need a lot of awareness, the way he manages the muzzle it looks he is going to shoot one the dogs.I have seen that before even by very experienced hunters on a rabbit chase.

This video is not entertainment nor sport. Every gift from mother nature should be treated wit the up-most respect. The biggest conservationists and ecologist people I know are avid fisherman and hunters. They see any abuses on the land as well as the game they will be outraged including this ridiculous display.

These type of youtubers should shove their little gadgets and cameras up their azzes. They give a bad name to all true hunters and outdoors-man and even firearm owners. They provide the type of ammunition the anti-gun anti-hunt anti-everything are looking for and the wrong message to the youths that have the responsibility to safe-keeping this amazing gift alive for generations to come.

· Registered
698 Posts
I get its not for everyone but the sport is in working the dogs and training them more so than the actual hunt. I know many that hunt rabbits with beagles and i dont see this as a far cry from that. I dont see any issue if its legal where you live and its not a shared hunting ground (private property). I enjoy taking my border collies to help remove some problematic geese its just fun to spend time and work your best friends and they love it.

· Registered
1,864 Posts
I know what I see when I see it. I was slowly introduced to hunting since I was 8 so... ..my job then was keeping the young dogs on a leash and lunch safe while I saw the play from a ridge from some of the finest hunters .... total 40 years.

I agree with you that after all his youtube speech the deer gave up and it was probably twitching but if you look right after he took the shot and he started his 'drunk' like rhetoric the deer was breathing. Breathing is no spasm. The first thing he should have done is to go there quickly w/o any delays and saying any words and put a round or the knife in the base of the neck. That is instant. I hunted overseas many times and that is a sacred moment in many cultures. A lot of people say a prayer after that specially many that rely on that meat to feed their families or survive somehow. But instead he started broadcasting some mambo-jambo about his absurd way of entertainment.

Driving with dogs can be a lot of fun. You need a lot of land and stay away from any roads, specially with so many dogs. It is a great opportunity to walk with the dogs and get some fitness in you. Everyone knows that no gym in the world is going to give you the fun and workout as walking with your dogs through woods or wetlands. Also you need a lot of awareness, the way he manages the muzzle it looks he is going to shoot one the dogs.I have seen that before even by very experienced hunters on a rabbit chase.

This video is not entertainment nor sport. Every gift from mother nature should be treated wit the up-most respect. The biggest conservationists and ecologist people I know are avid fisherman and hunters. They see any abuses on the land as well as the game they will be outraged including this ridiculous display.

These type of youtubers should shove their little gadgets and cameras up their azzes. They give a bad name to all true hunters and outdoors-man and even firearm owners. They provide the type of ammunition the anti-gun anti-hunt anti-everything are looking for and the wrong message to the youths that have the responsibility to safe-keeping this amazing gift alive for generations to come.
I know that hunting with dogs is part of the culture down south, for *****, and while I don't particularly like it, I can live with it. And in bird hunting, the dogs are part of the hunt, the spirit of those days afrield, and I'm okay with that. I've taken my share of ***** without dogs, though, and I'm very proud of doing it the hard way.
I draw the line at running deer with dogs though. Where's the HUNT?. Where's the contest? where is the....anything to do with HUNTING?
And this is New York State. why give the antis more ammunition. They already successfully protray us as evil. Why help them?
Just my .02

· Registered
7,703 Posts

I assure you I've killed many many deer, yea they might death quiver and kick a little but they never move their ears to sounds first.

· Registered
698 Posts
And this is New York State. why give the antis more ammunition. They already successfully protray us as evil. Why help them?
Just my .02
That i fully agree with~

· Registered
11,402 Posts
That i fully agree with~
I think we all agree. Also I can assure you not just the antis but many avid hunters and outdoors-man will have the same reaction of disgust when they see things like this.
When you are hunting is not time for video lectures with microphones and clear displays of disregard for the land and the game. If one is going to do a video for educational purposes make sure you do the right thing and also ask for help.
These youtubers do not have a real life, that is why they do these stupid things everywhere.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.