New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I need some info about the MAK90. I am pretty sure this has been asked before about the MAK90 but I couldnt find any forums about the MAK90. Anyway, I found a MAK90 for sale on the internet at very decent price. I know it isn't "like new" and it is cheap because its had some use and abuse but all in all it looks solid. At least from the photos anyway. With that being said, would there a problem shipping it to my FFL here in NY and is there anything I should be aware of. Since my last online purchase mishap I am trying to dot my i's and cross my t's.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
MAK-90s are great rifles.

They are very beefy AKs and are patterned after the original production run model of the AK-47 1A. They us a slightly thicker receiver and are generally as I said beefier than standard AKM varieties more commonly found.

These were imported to the US from 1989-1994; they ceased importation due to being named on the Federal AWB list as well as Norinco in general.

Since they were imported prior to the AWB they can have evil features provided you perform the needed parts count swap to remain 922(r) compliant.

Important to note, MAK-90s had two different receiver types, angled and straight-cut - the straight-cut allows the use of any AK furniture; your options are more limited with the angled but companies like Ironwood Designs make nice wood sets for these modified receivers.

Probably my best AK was my MAK-90 and I regret having sold it last winter but crap happens as they say ;)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I think Im going to get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts