New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 3-pack of Magpul Speedplates for my Gen 3 G19. I figured they would be great on my NFML preban mags as these mags do not drop free. None of the three mags were able to lock in securely to the gun with the Speedplates installed. I suspect it is because the lips of the Speedplates come up too high. The preban mags take some effort to lock in securely as is, unlike the 10rders that go in and out effortlessly. Its too bad the Speedplates didn't work out because they would have made taking the mags out much easier!

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
I can't say I'm very impressed with them. There's a member that I shoot with on here that has a set. IIRC every one of them has come unglued from the base pad. Not too many positive reviews out there on them, good luck with yours.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't say I'm very impressed with them. There's a member that I shoot with on here that has a set. IIRC every one of them has come unglued from the base pad. Not too many positive reviews out there on them, good luck with yours.
yea ive heard of that happening. At least magpul has good customer service.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I bought a set for my g27 and I don't like them.... I do however like how they sit flush to the mag well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I couldn't use them at all on my NFML prebans, the plates popped off once the mag was loaded. I actually sprayed Rob Pincus' feet with a mags worth of loose ammo(embarrassing!). I then used them on my 10rd mags only to have the rubber separate from the mag base. It's a shame because I really liked using them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts