New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any case that one could legally put an AFG angled foregrip on a semi-auto rifle in NY? I ask because the BATF does not seem to consider the AFG angled foregrip as a true vertical forward pistol grip. People are sporting them on countless AR pistol builds on youtube. Could one run a magpul AFG legally on a SAFEact compliant mini-14 in NY state?

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
(IV) A SECOND HANDGRIP OR A PROTRUDING GRIP THAT CAN BE HELD BY THE
50 NON-TRIGGER HAND;
It's anyones guess. The law is vague and ambiguous. No one really knows until someone gets arrested and goes to trial. My guess would be that a DA could charge someone if he so chooses.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
It's only 'compliant' until you get arrested and then they either charge you or give you a deal where you make your weapon 'more compliant' - like filling in your barrel with cement. To answer your question: nobody knows, the laws are ambiguous, vague, dumb, lack proper English and idiotic.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Do whatever you want, you're an American with natural born rights.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
50 NON-TRIGGER HAND;

As written the AFG is an evil feature. The definition bans a second handgrip not a vertical forward grip as the ATF defines.

After it bans the second handgrip it then says OR a protruding grip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
50 NON-TRIGGER HAND;

As written the AFG is an evil feature. The definition bans a second handgrip not a vertical forward grip as the ATF defines.

After it bans the second handgrip it then says OR a protruding grip.
Thank you I figured but that clairified it and thank you all for the welcome. While I am new to the forums I am not unfortunitly new to Cuomo/the SAFEact.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts