New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
big brown dropped off a big box of goodies from PSA a few days ago...

inside was some odds and ends, LPKs, etc....but also...

a Magpul ACS buttstock assembly.
(not ACS-L as title states)

Just debating what kind of rifle to build up with this. I love the contours of the stock design, very sharp looking..

Next stock type id like to get is a UBR. Only thing is, they are $$$

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok ok...

had a spare Aero lower sitting around with LPK installed already kicking around.

slapped on the stock assembly and a new magpul MOE grip.

now...for what style upper to create.... (though I may have to wait for more funds)...

i have to say, this thing is COMFORTABLE!!!!!!! worlds above a standard M4 stock, and even more comfortable and balanced over the MOE/CTR series as much as I like them. This has some nice heft which will surely balance the rifle out nicely.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Friend of mine has the UBR on his Noveske, by far the most comfortable stock I've felt.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Friend of mine has the UBR on his Noveske, by far the most comfortable stock I've felt.
ya? They look cool as heck too.

some day i hope to have one...i will continue to hope they drop in price. $250-275 for a buttstock is silly expensive :wacko:

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok....

heres a hard question..which looks better?

I do like the looks of the F93 on this rifle...i heavily lean that direction.

What say the hive mind? Figured I would ask your opinions :):nerd:

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Looks shouldn't matter so much as the comfort of the shooter.

That being said...

I will have had a hard time not buying an ACS/ACS-L/STR stock for any AR build.

I have an ACS on my 5.56 AR w/ AST billet lower, and then the STR (same cheek weld) on my 6.8 AR w/ AST forged lower and they are stupidly comfortable. It's just such a wide area for your cheek to rest and I feel makes it more stable.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks shouldn't matter so much as the comfort of the shooter.

That being said...

I will have had a hard time not buying an ACS/ACS-L/STR stock for any AR build.

I have an ACS on my 5.56 AR w/ AST billet lower, and then the STR (same cheek weld) on my 6.8 AR w/ AST forged lower and they are stupidly comfortable. It's just such a wide area for your cheek to rest and I feel makes it more stable.
I got a handful of other lowers and buttstocks i can swap in/out, and this gun i barely shoot so, its more for looks than utility.

STRs are nice also. and yes they are stupidly comfortable haha. It does make for quite the cheek rest. Good thing I dont shoot prone all the time, id probably doze off on the buttstock haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts