New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been nosing around at various upgrades for AR15 magazines. I've got a couple USGI prebans I picked up. However, I prefer 20 rounders over 30, and this seems to be limit my options. I'm curious if either of these products fit, or can be made to fit, 20 rd. mags;

SSAT Anti Tilt Mag Follower AR-15 SS

Mag Spring AR-15 30-Round Braided Wire

I mean, for a combined total of <$10, if I need to attempt to do some modifications, I'm at least willing to try. I imagine the coils on the recoil spring should be able to be cut down to where I need it. The follower was the one I was more concerned with. Was also looking at the MagPul followers, and wondering if those would be a better bet.

· Registered
257 Posts
I've been nosing around at various upgrades for AR15 magazines. I've got a couple USGI prebans I picked up. However, I prefer 20 rounders over 30, and this seems to be limit my options. I'm curious if either of these products fit, or can be made to fit, 20 rd. mags;

SSAT Anti Tilt Mag Follower AR-15 SS

Mag Spring AR-15 30-Round Braided Wire

I mean, for a combined total of <$10, if I need to attempt to do some modifications, I'm at least willing to try. I imagine the coils on the recoil spring should be able to be cut down to where I need it. The follower was the one I was more concerned with. Was also looking at the MagPul followers, and wondering if those would be a better bet.
Forget the CMMG followers,,"junk",,I couldn't get hem to work right in any of my mags,,,new,,old etc !! Braided wires,,,,blaaaa,,way to much $$$ for a spring,,just another Super,,Duper,,worthless AR trinket that takes our $$$$ !! Go here,,,get what ya need,,Good Magpul Followers,,,New Springs,,,,,your choice,,they all work !!! Most is "Free Shipping" Buy once,,,cry once,,LOL !!! www.44mag.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.