New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying not to beat a dead horse here, but I do understand where the anti-gun groups are pissed off about. As a long time gun owner who obeys all the rules and regulations, I truly do not see any need to have a 100 round magazine...(besides the fact that they are junk) NYS rules and regulations are over the top, but the few and far between idiots have made it this way. I do think that we need to implement better screening for gun owners even if it takes a few more days to purchase a firearm..but in the long run it will hopefully weed out the people who should not own a firearm .
As far as telescopic stocks and magazine over 10 rounds, the NYS law on this is absurd as we all know it has nothing to do with making it a "assault weapon". but we are not going to change that law thanks to the politicians who feed off the media frenzy that happens every time some wacko decides he needs to vent his anger because his mother or father did not give him the proper love when he was growing up.... ok... that is my opinion and I'm sure big brother is watching this site to monitor everyones opinions....so that was mine....

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Who are you to decided what's needed and not needed? I think I'll be the one who determines what I need or don't need, thanks. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
The 100 round mag saved peoples lives. If the asshat had used a few reliable 30 rounders and practiced reloading then more people would be dead. My opinion, but I am convinced of it.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Trying not to beat a dead horse here, but I do understand where the anti-gun groups are pissed off about. As a long time gun owner who obeys all the rules and regulations, I truly do not see any need to have a 100 round magazine...(besides the fact that they are junk) NYS rules and regulations are over the top, but the few and far between idiots have made it this way. I do think that we need to implement better screening for gun owners even if it takes a few more days to purchase a firearm..but in the long run it will hopefully weed out the people who should not own a firearm .
What I have quoted here is quite possibly THE biggest threat to firearm ownership this country is facing.

The "I support the 2A BUT" guys.

I support 2A BUT nobody needs EBRs. Take them.

I support 2A, but nobody needs a semi-auto. Take them.

I support 2A, but nobody needs X. Take it.

I Support 2A, but nobody needs Y.

For example: James Holmes spent MONTHS planning this event. Do you think that "a few days to weed out the bad apples" would have prevented anything? Do you think a 10, 20, 30, 100, magazine limit would have prevented anything? Well, it would have prevented something, your freedoms. Other than that, nope. I TRULY do not see the need for anyone to have a car that goes over 65MPH. Seriously. Nobody needs it. Cars kill more people than firearms each year, so let's implement a "High Speed Automobile Restrictor" act.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Everyone is ranting and raving over gun control and how we need to ban assault weapons, have stricter laws to prevent these mad men from having access to guns, or even better get all guns off the streets. Well here is the problem with the whole system..... This week a Mastic beach man overdosed on heroin, the responding officer administered NARCAN a nasal spray that prevents the drug from affecting the brain. The suspect survived and will not be charged. So since he wasn't charged he will not have a felony conviction, without a felony conviction he will be able to purchase a gun. So who's fault is it when he goes on a shooting spree at the mall next year. NOT the legal gun owner, NOT the gun shop that sold it to him, NOT the manufacturer, NOT the online retailer who sold the ammunition. BUT guess who has to pay for the mistake with stricter gun control laws. I can see the headlines now "He bought the guns legally" "He had 60,000 bullets delivered to his house" "These guns have no purpose other then to kill" "He had high capacity clips" . . . . control the criminal not the legal gun owning citizen.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Lets look at it this way. NYS has been a state for 224 years. They have been making laws the entire time and yet we still have crime. So its safe to say no matter what laws you make you will always have criminals. Do I have a current need for a 100 round magazine, no I dont but that doesnt mean it should be illegal. Heck I dont care about horses, snakes, race cars, and a bunch of other stuff but that doesnt mean it should be illegal. And you wont ever hear me say they should be.

that is the problem with our society. We are a bunch of lazy people and just dont give a hoot. It is far easier to ban something that is abused by a few and hope it fixes things then to try to solve the root issues that cause the problems to begin with. Also how can you expect any real positive difference in society made through legislation when for the most part you have idiots and corrupt officials in office? Your vote really doesnt matter either because those with money will get what they want at the expense of whats best for society as whole.

it is inevitable that our country will crash and we will be screwed and at that point I am sure you are going to want magazines that can hold as much ammo as possible. I just heard on the radio the other day that the US will be defaulting on some upcoming payments because we dont have the money. So you tell me how good our chances are when those who get in as much debt as we as a country are usually dont make it out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Everyone is ranting and raving over gun control and how we need to ban assault weapons, have stricter laws to prevent these mad men from having access to guns, or even better get all guns off the streets. Well here is the problem with the whole system..... This week a Mastic beach man overdosed on heroin, the responding officer administered NARCAN a nasal spray that prevents the drug from affecting the brain. The suspect survived and will not be charged. So since he wasn't charged he will not have a felony conviction, without a felony conviction he will be able to purchase a gun. So who's fault is it when he goes on a shooting spree at the mall next year. NOT the legal gun owner, NOT the gun shop that sold it to him, NOT the manufacturer, NOT the online retailer who sold the ammunition. BUT guess who has to pay for the mistake with stricter gun control laws. I can see the headlines now "He bought the guns legally" "He had 60,000 bullets delivered to his house" "These guns have no purpose other then to kill" "He had high capacity clips" . . . . control the criminal not the legal gun owning citizen.
Couldn't agree more. People need to start realizing they need to control criminals not guns. Its like the old saying "Guns don't kill people, people kill people." And it's been said a thousand times, but still bears repeating, stricter gun laws only effect those of us who follow the laws. Criminals don't, that's kinda what makes them a criminal.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand what everyone is saying and I am a very staunch believer of our 2nd amendment rights... just saying that we are our own worst enemy when it comes right down to it.....ranting and raving is not going to solve anything.....it just gives the anti gun people more ammunition to suppress our rights even more...

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I understand what everyone is saying and I am a very staunch believer of our 2nd amendment rights... just saying that we are our own worst enemy when it comes right down to it.....ranting and raving is not going to solve anything.....it just gives the anti gun people more ammunition to suppress our rights even more...
Never give an inch to an Anti, any compromise means you lost some of your rights and have emboldend them to take meore at a later date. The Compromise is a trap that both the NRA and the Politicians fall into in the spirit of doing something. If they want to do something they can move to another country. I'll keep my rights intact.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
You might want to look up the word "staunch" in the dictionary.

Also, I'm not sure how defending our rights gives people ammunition to suppress our rights even more. That would be quite the catch 22.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Wow just wow. Pick a side of the fence. I also hate when i get those hunters who come into work and are like "i love guns.. blah..blah..blah. OH wow look they have those "fully" auto cop killer "m16s" they should ban all of those.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Ok, 100 round pre bans are too much, got it. What do you think about a 75 round pre ban drum for an AK? Still too much? How about a 50 round pre ban for a 10/22? I know, I know, I'm pushing it. I'll stick with a 40 round pre ban for my AK...ok here's my last offer-30 round pre bans for all 7.62 and 5.56. See, I can be quite reasonable!

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
I'm not sure what to make of the original post other than "I'm in favor of more and stricter regulations". Sounds anti gun to me. Anyways, I see no need for regulations at all even on selectible fire and full auto weapons which there really is no need for realistically ... yet. A criminal can and will have access to any weapon, they desire as long as they have cash!!! Whether it be bolt, semi, single or full auto, it's there for the taking by these idiots!! Why is it in the south anyone can walk in, by a pistol (not needing a permit), walk out with a few of them, an AR as well as high cap mags and go to the range or their backyards (given enough property that is) and enjoy shooting their newly acquired guns?? The crime rate isn't as high as it is in NYC in most cases when you do the population to crime rates. What have the laws done to prevent crimes?? Nothing. That's the problem. All of these "laws" are nothing more than infringement on our right to have guns. What's wrong with owning guns to begin with?? Can anyone answer that?? I enjoy target shooting, even though I haven't have time to do much lately and I missed the damn e-postal match!! I do enjoy hunting with my kids and friends as well!! I enjoy the history of guns of yesteryear and the improvement, or lack there of, of the gun as well. I don't dedicate my life to guns and I don't make a living selling them or anything else. I am a law abiding citizen that just plain likes guns. I like many other things as well like ... cars. I see many fatal accidents reported ... maybe they should ban vehicles. maybe a 3 cylinder cap should be in place to do away with cars like the Vette or the Viper and so on. Hell ... a plane, if it goes down, could technically be considered a weapon of mass destruction could it not?? Kill a couple hundred people in a short time?? Weren't planes used to kill thousands in NYC?? Ban those!!! make a regulation where only 5 people per plane is allowed in NYS!! That way you'll cut down on the amount of fatalities in the event of a plane crash!! It makes no sense but it's the same thinking that is used by those that push these gun laws on us. This whole gun law stuff is nothing more than ONE person's beliefs that has been drilled into many peoples heads and taught to them. Most anti-gun people have never shot a gun or been to a range actually.

As far as the high cap mag ban and AWB, well ... it's just plain stupid and has NO merit to it whatsoever!! It's only a way to keep pressure on the masses so it can't defend itself from big brother, which the OP referenced, and that IS the reason it's in the Constitution!!!! The founding Fathers KNEW what it was like to be held down by those in power when not controlled and they up and left England correct?? No freedoms to even practice a certain religion?? It's a belief!!! Who cares what you practice? I could give two turds if big brother is reading this to be honest and here it comes so keep reading there "brother". "Big brother" has killed more people than any other criminal organization has it not?? Big Brother gave guns to drug cartels!!! Big brother has raised taxes on guns and ammo, for the public, and other things people enjoy so that THEY can afford more weapons and ammo and whatever to do their killing. Big brother should be the one disarmed as those who make up "big brother" are usually criminally minded and have, or will, perform a criminal/unmoral act at some point!! I'm not afraid to say it how it is. The laws in NY are completely bass ackwards and if anything, they are LOSING SALES TAX REVENUE ON THE MAGS THEY BANNED AND THE WEAPONS!! (That's also WHY they allowed crossbows ... sales tax revenue!!) Ask anyone in DEC and they'll tell you that crossbow thing is a fact!!
Now, gun control is really people control ... or at least the hopes of it. Big bother ... I'm sorry ... I say screw that term as I'm not related to those azzholes ... the govt KNOWS that the people in this country would be the largest army it's ever seen AND we're here with them!!We're their neighbors, possibly some friends and even family!! Now ... what would YOU do to try to knock down the power of the citizens if YOU were trying to control them and eventually force YOUR beliefs on them??? Anyone??? Yes ... disarm them and then enforce a limit to what guns they can have and next will be how many and then only certain calibers etc.. I could be wrong though ....

Basically, this all boils down to, if you like guns and enjoy them for sporting or competition or just putting holes in paper or cans or whatever or collecting great!! If you're one that doesn't like guns at all for whatever reason... FINE!! Don't own one but DON'T push your beliefs on me who happens to like them for no other purpose than to enjoy them. Make the sentences higher and the consequences greater for the criminals THEN you'll see a dramatic decrease in criminal uses of guns and all crimes in general. How stiff a penalty?? Death sentence for larsony for starters. Wanna steal something now??? Pretty bad outcome if you get caught huh??? (extreme yes ... effective if EVER in place??? .... you bet your azz it would be!!)

The OP has 21 posts in nearly 3.5 years. Do they all start off anti-gun with compromising the rest of the way? Listen .. I know you THINK that ranting a raving is giving the anti gun people "weapons" to use against us .. the law abiding citizens .... I think you're dead wrong because it puts out there the REASONS I own guns and what they are used for and how I feel about the laws and regulations ... but that's just my thought. I would NEVER use a gun for anything other than what I posted they are used for now so why should I be penalized ... oh I'm sorry ... the new term is "taxed" for that??

Sorry for this being long winded, but when I see someone say I enjoy guns BUT we need stiffer regulations ... that pizzes me off!!! WE don't .... the criminals do!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Never give an inch to an Anti, any compromise means you lost some of your rights and have emboldend them to take meore at a later date. The Compromise is a trap that both the NRA and the Politicians fall into in the spirit of doing something. If they want to do something they can move to another country. I'll keep my rights intact.
H&K says it best, "In a world of compromise some men dont"

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
As far as telescopic stocks and magazine over 10 rounds, the NYS law on this is absurd as we all know it has nothing to do with making it a "assault weapon". but we are not going to change that law thanks to the politicians who feed off the media frenzy that happens every time some wacko decides he needs to vent his anger because his mother or father did not give him the proper love when he was growing up.... ok... that is my opinion and I'm sure big brother is watching this site to monitor everyones opinions....so that was mine....
Did you bring your toilet paper umbrella? Because their is going to be a schit storm coming.

James

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ask Australian and British gun owners, or former gun owners, what they think of where "reasonable" stances on gun control laws got them.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Give anyone an inch, and they end up thinking they are a ruler.

Might be interesting to take a (anonymous) national poll over who owns what type.
What with the steady rise in sales of AR15 variants along with Kalishnaklones, I'd hazard that by this stage 'we the owners of the evil black rifles' are no longer the minority in the long gun world.

If so, then the 'other guys' need to STFU, fall in line, and frikkin support the majority because if the majority is taken out due to lack of minority support, or evenj outright opposition then the only thing left for 'the winners' will be gulags and ghettos because they didn't have the balls to go down fighting like Team EBR.who were trying to protect everyones rights, not just some special interest niche subset.

Unfortunately once TEBR is gone all that's left is a bunch of gomers and fudds with thier pump guns, lever guns, muzzle loaders and air rifles and something like 100 rounds spread between every 15~15 guys (becuase, hey, who needs more than 1 box of ammo a year, right? Oh, wait, there actually are legitimate needs for that and more).

To bad they will have already squandered thier 'heavy artillery' by throwing TEBR to the wolves in some lame attempt to save thur safe a'huntin gunz in the snow white and 7 queens guardsmen fairytale world they see when thew look out thier windows every day......

Currently on a peak of medication, so the above may seem a bit confusing or even ramblinesque, but I believe the point gets across if you muddle through a couple times.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts