New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I saw a mag holder that looked like a utility knife holder. Anyone have or use this style? Now I can't think of we're I saw it and I'm looking for it again. My thoughts is it'd be great for attatching to the belt owb because if for some reason it's seen it'll just look like utility knife and not a magazine.

What other styles of mag holders do you guys use?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I use a DeSantis Magpacker. Its a pocket holster shaped for a double-stack magazine. Obviously conceals well, but also holds the magazine in a fixed position so speed reloads are actually pretty easy.

I use belt-mounted carriers when I take training classes but have always found they are harder to conceal than the gun. The one I have now is for Glock magazines, even though I don't use a Glock anymore, and was made by ROCcity holsters.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I use an old leatherman case. If someone sees it they think I'm carrying a leatherman!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use an old leatherman case. If someone sees it they think I'm carrying a leatherman!
This is exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone know if any one makes this style for magazines? I guess I can try a local leather place for leather an holders.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Think it'd fit a 22 mag? Or a 1911 mag?
They might not fit snug but they might fit. The G27 mag is short and fat. The 1911 mags might be to long for the sheath I have Since they have a snap closure they don't have to be all that tight. Leatherman makes different size leather sheaths. You might want to try to get a listing of them. I like them because I don't care if they are seen be anyone. If you give me the mag dimensions I will check it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts