New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
As far as legal, i would say yes. Its not like it makes the 10 rd mag a 20 or 30 rder.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Legal? Yes.

But I have found them to often be impractical and unwieldy.
Practice your basic mag load/unload. Once you get good at that, the coupler will make a nice paperweight.:)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sick......Duct Tape is Silver....Silence is GOLDEN!!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I have found them to often be impractical and unwieldy.
Problem is everyone wants to double up on 30rd mags.
This results in a stupid heavy large protrusion space occupier hanging off the middle of the rifle.

Now if one side by sides ('flip' coupling is extremely tedious) 20rd mags you get a nice low profile, not too much more weight and 10 more rounds than a standard mag.

A 20 and 30 together would be plausible (20rd first load 30rd is reload and mounted to left) to keep things 'small' AFA prone or general clearance.

As to general legality?
Absolutely nothing against it.
You can get couplers to hold 4 10rd mags for a 10/22 and they are still just 10 rd mags.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I got some from a karma on here, I suicide coupled 2 30 round preban AK mags together, its not too bad as far as weight if you have the thing shouldered, but carrying it around with 1 hand it is

·
Registered
528 Posts
They do make for faster reloads though, especially in competitions on stages the have mandatory reloads in the stage description.

Out here, a lot of guys have replaced the clip-togethered-30s with Surefire 60s.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's it!! I am moving. LDD, is your basement still available for rent?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
They are perfectly legal.....I bought some Magpul couplers.....Very well built !

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's too funny. I just bought some on Amazon along with some new followers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have these, dont know if they will work with 7rd mags, they may not be long enough..

·
Registered
780 Posts
How would that work on a 10rd mag? There is like nothing of the magazine left sticking out of teh magazine well tp grab.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts