New York Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My friend who is getting out of the Army this week found this in his closet and wants it sold. He has never used the mask nor any of the accessories. This kit is as complete as you can get them. The canister that comes with the mask is unopened and all of the clothing, gloves, etc have never had their air sealed packaging opened. My friend is asking for $350/OBO (Preferably he'd like a firearm trade for the mask and suit. I looked up some of the prices so I know what he is asking is reasonable. The mask alone is worth about $300 (excluding shipping/tax), the canisters are worth about $80 a piece, and the whole MOPP suit is well over $200 in worth. All in BRAND-NEW or LIKE NEW condition.

Comes with the following:

-Mask and carrier case.
-ACU MOPP carrier case.
-Additional canister (seal never broken).
-Gloves (air sealed).
-Boots (air sealed).
-Canteen straw.
-Hood.
-Paperwork (manual, inspection, etc.)
-Tinted lenses.
-Blouse (air sealed).
-Trousers (air sealed).

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cosmo is definitely an extension of the wife's hands.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much for just the mask, carrier case and tinted lens insert?
I'll have to ask my buddy and get back with you. My friend is trying to sell as a package as far as I know. If you want, send me an offer and I'll see what he says about it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The mask fits me and I wear a medium. As far as firearms, he told me when I posted this that he had no specific firearm in mind.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how much for just the mask, carrier case and tinted lens insert?
Just confirmed the mask size, it's a medium. Also, he said he'd prefer to sell as a set but he said that a reasonable offer may change his mind.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any interest?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Okay, called my buddy, he said he will sell the entire package for $300 shipped. I was told that if it cannot be sold for that, he'd rather keep it. Let me know if you want this!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No one wants this complete package for $300 shipped??

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yeah whats the deal, can a civilian own this military issued gear? Is it current issue or surplus? Also, I assume this is used for chemical only, not biological threats or both? It is intriguing for doomsday.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
is your "friend" trying to sell gov't property again? thought he learned his lesson with the body armor ;)
The vest was mine, this one is my friend's who is getting out of the army within the next week or so. He's already turned in everything he needed to turn in.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah whats the deal, can a civilian own this military issued gear? Is it current issue or surplus? Also, I assume this is used for chemical only, not biological threats or both? It is intriguing for doomsday.
Yeah, there are no laws that I can find that state you cannot own it. The only way this would be classified as military property is if they can prove it's theirs. There are no serial numbers, so they cannot claim it. These can be bought off the Internet just as you can with any other military item or surplus gear. This is for chemical and biological. It's called NBC gear (Nuclear Biological Chemical). This is current issue also.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bump!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bump. This is still available.

·
Registered