New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a couple pre-ban hi-cap mags for my Socom a while back. First time I loaded them, after X amount of rounds, they'd bind up and lose all tension. You could practically shake the rounds right out of the mag. Tore them down and everything is new inside, but the followers are crappy, stamped parts; not mil-spec.

I've tried searching for a month now for legit mil-spec followers. I've emailed different companies (including Springfield,) constantly checked gunbroker and Ebay and have come up empty-handed.

Can anyone...for the love of God...clue me in as to where I could buy two of these things!? :p Thanks in advance, guys.

· Registered
8,394 Posts
Fulton armory might have em. maybe LRB Too.

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fulton definitely doesn't--I emailed them. Just sent an email to LRB, since followers aren't listed on their site. Thanks for the tip

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emailed Sarco and I'm pretty sure they were one of the companies that never got back to me. I'll check out the other ones tonite - thanks

· Registered
1,267 Posts
if I was as desperate for the part as you make out to be, there's no way I'd just drop an e-mail and consider that a dead lead. Especially with a family-run business like SARCO or Charley's Surplus. they are very busy! a phone call (or an internet search of their site) is the number one play.

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually wouldn't mind getting a rebuild kit, as long as it came with a mil-spec follower.

if I was as desperate for the part as you make out to be, there's no way I'd just drop an e-mail and consider that a dead lead. Especially with a family-run business like SARCO or Charley's Surplus. they are very busy! a phone call (or an internet search of their site) is the number one play.
Well, it's not like I'm callin' for a kidney, y'know? Plus with an email, a company has plenty of time to respond and you aren't putting them on the spot (as with a phone call.)

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Link, what can I say - you rule. I'll check these out tonite when I get home. Thanks for all the help so far!

· Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,326 Posts
Dbl tap

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

· Registered
43 Posts
C.M.I (Checkmate industries) is the current manufacturer for the actual US military. They sell full mags (not to NY thought) as well as repair parts and they are a NY based manufacturing company.

Here is a link:

Followers - Check-Mate Industries, Inc.

Are the mags you bought stamped on the heals USGI mags?
or Chinese/Korean cheapo (pre-bans)?
Just curious.

Also, there are fake USGI mags too. Really have to do your home work considering the price differences.
Real USGI have a 12 + 1 weld pattern on the front for the most part, a few rare exceptions.
Also, some fakes are actual CMI mags which are mil-spec but not true pre-bans but Johnny Law would really have to know his sh*t to prove they are not legit. Just something to be aware of thought considering the "Pre-ban" premium.

The most common faked USGI mags are stamped "W", "OM', & "BRW S-1".

I have BRW S-1, KMT, & OM mags but never bought any I could not see full pics of before purchasing.

Hope the link helps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.