New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are these going for these day had a buddy of mine reach out and tell be he was trying to sell his. What are they going for and what's a reasonable price?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I got my Universal for 225 after tax, was a wicked good deal though, my friend got the same model with a different finish on the metal and his was 400ish, I think Dieter has the right price ranges up in there but sometimes you can score sweet deal.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Above poster is right. Especially on commercial guns. I once bought a Plainfield mfg carbine for $200 also. Dumped that as I wasn't happy with it. Now I have a USGI Inland I paid like $475 or $525 on. It's in great shape too.
Deals are always out there, if your not in a rush

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I got my Universal for 225 after tax, was a wicked good deal though, my friend got the same model with a different finish on the metal and his was 400ish, I think Dieter has the right price ranges up in there but sometimes you can score sweet deal.
With the carbine, it's largely what the market will bear. many collectors (not necessarily shooters) want original oem parts, original stocks, mfr specific (from the seven or eight original mfrs) matching numbers, etc. whether or not it was a re-import, etc. lot of different factors involved.
If you just want a shooter, I'd go for the Auto Ordnance repro, all modern materials, takes GI parts, and has gotten good reviews. Universal OTOH are largely considered to be POS. they will not take GI parts and they are no longer manufactured due to generally poor reviews.
I've seen some outrageous prices for really beat up original GI carbines, so buyer beware. you can do a re-build if you have a barrel and receiver though which might be fun. parts can be found at Fulton Armory | Home

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should I ad this to my collection or should I spend my money on something else.....I already have .22 9mm 12guage .223 7.62x54r, my only collector item that will go up in price is my spas12 is the .30 a good round to ad will it gain value what to do what to do.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Should I ad this to my collection or should I spend my money on something else.....I already have .22 9mm 12guage .223 7.62x54r, my only collector item that will go up in price is my spas12 is the .30 a good round to ad will it gain value what to do what to do.
Only you can decide what you buy based on what you like and what you want to do with your money.

But if you buy guns thinking they will go up in value you'll probably be proven wrong eventually. Sure, you might get a deal today and make $100 on it next year. But that could just as easily go the other way.

You're not buying valuable collector items when there are hundreds of thousands of them available for $500 or $600.

If you want collectible firearms that tend to appreciate in value, think thousands, not hundreds, and then put them on display and don't use them.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I personally would not buy an M! as a collectible, but aside from wanting a full stock original Mannlicher Schnaur 6.5 X 55 that i can afford, i have no interest in collectibles. Carbines are however funner than hell to shoot, light, fast and dependable easy to reload, and the ammo is not all that expensive. your choice, really

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
The original WW2 ones possibly, if you can get an all matching carbine then I'd have to just say yes, the reproductions like I have (Universal and I think Auto Ordinance and a few others made them, Universal is the most common) will probably just go down in value, however if you aren't looking at collecting and you want a shooter, they are darn fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts