New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot my M&P Shield today between stages for the RACFC rifle match. Roughly 130 rounds were fired (Speer Lawman 115gr TMJ & 2 mags of Winchester white box) from about 20-25 yards out. This pistol is AWESOME! Very accurate for a small carry piece, gets back on target FAST during rapid fire and the trigger felt very good. It does have a little kick, but nothing that is too severe. I let Brian (VRI), Jeff & George all fire it as well. Hopefully, they will add some comments. I do like the 8rd mag better because of the pinky extension, but some people might like the 7rd better.

If your looking for a nice small carry 9mm, this is definitely one you should look at! I used to have a PM9 & the Shield in my opinion is superior in every way, plus it's cheaper.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I posted this in 'Shield leaked' before I saw this thread, so I did a little copy and paste.

I too shot cooden's shield today. Great little carry gun, very managable in the recoil dept. Not too thin, feels good in the hand unlike some other sub compact single stacks I've felt. Would conceal well in any carry position. Great accuracy at 25 yards, better than I expected. I would not want to shoot it all day through a class but putting 100 - 200 rds through it wouldnt be bad at all. For folks with larger hands the 8 rd mag with extension pad feels nice as well. Does not have a sharp gap that I have noticed on other mag grip extensions.

Overall I would give S&W a thumbs up on this gun. I would definitly recommend this gun.

George

·
Registered
560 Posts
Thanks to John for giving me the chance to exercise the M&P Shield today. This firearm was really impressive. Great feel in the hand, quick to come back on target, very accurate and IMO a great value for the money. I preferred the 8rd mag because of my hand size. Two things, I did pinch my pinky finger during a mag change and it has quite a bit of report but that's to be expected on a barrel of this length, but these two items will not keep me from purchasing my very own. This solidifies my want for this little beauty. Thanks again John.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts