New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured with all the buzz on this gun I would snap a pic compairing the size of my Glock 23 to its new brother. This pic is with the 7 round magazine. The 8 round one is about 3/4 of an inch longer.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I shot mine for the first time over the weekend....I like the new trigger better than the old M&P, but will take some getting used to. After training with the Glock for years I am conditioned to the trigger.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How does the width of the shield compare to the Glock 26? I've been wanting a 26 to go with my 19, but the shield looks a lot easier to conceal.

Also, has anyone compared a shield to the Bodyguard 380 size? Just trying to get an idea of the actual size of the gun. I planned on selling my Bodyguard 380 to buy a Glock 26, but the Shield has me very interested.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
The Shield is a lot thinner. It's dimensionally just about identical to a Walther PPS. Glock 26 is a lot thicker. Bodyguard is a lot smaller than either.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I want to see if I can get my hands on one to compare it with the Kahr PM9 I bleieve I read that the M&P is a little larger.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
I want to see if I can get my hands on one to compare it with the Kahr PM9 I bleieve I read that the M&P is a little larger.
It is larger than the PM9. The PM9 you can get into a pocket with no problem. Unless you have a big cargo pocket, the Shield would be much harder to conceal in a pocket. Since I own the Shield & used to own the PM9---I would pick the Shield EVERY day over the PM9. I used to think that the PM9 was the best, but the Shield has moved the PM9 to #2.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Check out Youtube for comparison videos. I saw most of the ones requested above while I was surfing the other night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts