New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I carry my gun regularly and I love it. I am very efficient with it out to about 50 yards I havnt really practiced beyond that point. I really want to put some night sights on it, I shoot well with the white dots but as my primary ccw I like the idea of having a lil advantage at aiming in the dark. I guess my question is what other things have you guys done to our M&P's nicer to shoot? I dont really feel I have to have anything but I just seem to be one of those guys that just loves to modify things! Thanks guys

-Joe

·
Registered
664 Posts
The Apex trigger kits make the trigger really nice on them. I haven't done mine yet but my buddy has and I deff like his trigger a lot better then mine.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Throw some night sights or add a laser to it, either one should improve target acquisition at night. As far a modifying the trigger for your carry gun, If you have to use it, now you have to explain the modification.

WHY NOT MODIFY YOUR TRIGGER

·
Registered
817 Posts
This was taken from another forum, but its interesting.

"Unfortunately, there may be some problems with modifications if you do find yourself in a defensive shooting.

Many of the gun rag writers, primarily Mas Ayoob, have commented on the prosecutors' inclination to go after defendents with "altered" firearms -especially in cases where the trigger (a so-called safety feature) has been lightened.

Anything and everything that can be used against you in court, will be. If a jury can be convinced that you were not being "prudent" and/or made modifications to your gun that made it "more deadly" - as ridiculous as that may sound - you could find yourself heading for some time behind bars.

Modifications on competition or target guns is one thing, but you may want to reconsider changing anything on a carry gun. If the stock gun does not meet your needs/requirements, find one that does."

·
Registered
664 Posts
Throw some night sights or add a laser to it, either one should improve target acquisition at night. As far a modifying the trigger for your carry gun, If you have to use it, now you have to explain the modification.

WHY NOT MODIFY YOUR TRIGGER

That Story should make for some interesting comments.
The guy goes from telling you not to modify your carry gun trigger to the Jury will pat you on the head and send you home with a lolly pop if you put a NY heavy trigger in your gun. Still modified duh. And then uses the " I saw that on TV" approach. I think my IQ went down a few points after reading that.
I think most guys putting light triggers in there competition guns know its a good idea not to carry it as a self defense gun. There are a lot of different kits out there to improve triggers without lightening them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts