New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am already planning for my next rifle purchase. I really wanted to buy an all American Springfield M1 but they are banned in NYC under the AWB by name...

I found as a second choice that LBR makes a NYC compliant M14 variant called Sporter which does not have any of the evil features and only a 5rd mag. Of course price might be an issue but I dont mind paying the premium for a high quality m14 variant...

Any comments on their setup? I want their m25 receiver with their built in scope mount and maybe even a longer barrel than the 19.5 inch. Maybe a 22?

Chrome lined or not?

And now for the biggest question. Would the rifle be legal with the JAE-100 g3 stock? Yes I dont think that it can be classified as a pistol grip but the language in the law.might be tricky... "Pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon"...

Any thoughts or ideas or comments?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I vote garand. I wanted an m1a but because of the detachable mag you can't have any features etc. plus I am not to fond of paying 2700 for a neutered rifle. Get a garand with the features you want and only lose 2 rounds. I fact buy 2 different garands with your savings.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well from all the "evil" features the only one that I would care about is the muzzle brake...

The more I read about the m14s the more I want one!!! And I know that parts and upgrades are always available.

The m1 garand is definitely an excellent choice and I will definitely add one at some point in my collection just because of its history...

On the m14 however which barrel twist would you select?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts