New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we decided to buy a nice grill for my MIL for Mother's Day....there are too many out there LOL. anyone have any experience with the "new" infrared (for residential settings)? Thinking about that and finally narrowed it down to four (one of them infrared). She hosts the extended family a lot, so these are all about the right size. Infrared is pretty cool because you can just toss the wood chips on to smoke meat...

Good discussion for a cold weekend. Hope all the links work...Budget is $400 OTD (which works at $399 because my 10% military discount wipes out the taxes)

4-Burner LP Gas Grill- Kenmore-Outdoor Living-Grills & Outdoor Cooking-Gas Grills

Shop Char-Broil Quantum Commercial Series 3-Burner Gas Grill at Lowes.com=

Shop Ducane Affinity 4200 4-Burner Gas Grill at Lowes.com Propane

Shop Master Forge 4-Burner Green Gas Grill at Lowes.com

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I'm on my 2nd Ducane and they have been great! I don't have the infrared I could not justify the exta cost, but it is a cool option.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Im not sold on the infrared, i like my flames. I have The larger, 4 burner non-IR CharBroil Commercial Series and love it. Best grill I have had.

I looked at the Master Forge and Ducanes, but went with the CharBroil due to quality of the parts. One thing i do to figure out which one was better was to open the lid and try to wiggle it sideways. The CharBroil had far less play in it.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
If you can find any place around that sells Webber grills for cheap(ish), they have always been the Gold Standard IMO. Our family grills an exorbitant amount. At least twice a week, every week of the year no matter the season or weather outside and we've used a Webber Genesis for at least 8 years being outside in the winter, uncovered etc. Never had a problem whatever.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I have a Char Broil Patio Bistro electric infrared grill. Kind of like one of the old rounded charcoal burners. I got it at Lowes for about $200?? I forget how much really, bought it almost 2 years ago. I don't regret it at all. No more lugging LP cylinders, gets hot fast, cooks well, has a built in thermometer, and sturdy. Other than cleaning the grease out so it doesn't catch on fire (again!) it's pretty low maintenence. May be a good choice for your mom (or anyone for that matter) because of the gas issue alone. I don't miss having to go buy gas.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I'd put in another vote for the Weber. My mother her first one years ago, I put it together, and it's still going strong. Seems like almost every other grill that's close is a temporary measure, might last a few years if you're careful with it.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Weber's are great, but the sizes we are looking at are over the budget....thanks for the posts! I just need to pull the trigger and I'm sure she will be happy LOL.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have the kenmore that is first on your list. Bought it last June. Used it all winter, it's been a good grill so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts