New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to have my dog put down this morning. Been weepy all day, amazing how deep into the core of our heart they weave their way, by nothing other than being what they are. No matter how bad the day, how big the fool I was, she was always glad to see me. God bless Loki, God bless.

Robin

Attachments

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your family member. :( It never does get easy to deal with ..

"Loki": Great name for a friend, by the way.. .. of course, I'm very biased being of Viking decent :)

Forever in our hearts and Over the rainbow bridge.

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
I am so sorry

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Our first dog was a white shepherd named Meerschaum. 110# best friend to my kids. Professional table cleaner.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Beautiful dog.

I hope this isn't a trend now. :(

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Sorry for your loss that is truly one of worst things life can throw at you.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Very sorry to hear, I lost my dog 2 weeks ago today and it is still tough to come home and she is not there to great me. They certainly do become a big part of the family, Our home revolved around her and it is like there is a hole here now. Sorry for your loss..

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
So sorry to hear of your bad news. They take a part of us with them when they go. Lost my Pemmy to cancer in Feb, house hasn't been the same without her.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
She looks like she was the greatest dog in the world.

Best of luck Robin, it takes some time. I've felt grief for pets that I never felt for people.

Just because they're human doesn't make them good.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Fawn

So sorry for your loss. am going through something that kills me, I need to find a home for my two girls.
Have a buyer for the house and will be moving into an apartment and need a home for my dogs.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Oh wow do you have my utmost sympathy and empathy. You're one of the good ones around here so I'm certain your pup had a happy life in a caring home.

It's been a dozen years since I had to put my beagle to sleep but I still get teary eyed when I think about him and miss his to this day... and this poem gave me solace in my sadness. I hope it eases yours as well

RainbowBridge.com
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts