New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy's everyone knows if Safe act stands or how it stands now people are taking a loss. AR & AK collectors these guys are geting hit the hardest with depreciation of Property Value. Thoudsands of dollars.
Now most collectors understand Apreciation & Depreciation on items they collect, but Gun owners are taking a direct hit on gun Values (Blue Book). The Goverment in NY is saying if you get rid of or keep it it dies in your hands. So its a buyers Market anything leaving NY, and if Reg it is worth nothing (O) can not be passed on, can not be sold Apreciated Value (O) compared to Guns around the Country.
Example Governor wants to say all Chevy Silverados are Assult Trucks, under the same terms as Safe Act you loss all future Apreciation lost. No New Parts, no repairs, no tranfers. We Know That would not get no ware in NYS so Now that it Happen to Firearms its the same thing.
My point is NYS Tax Federal Tax has credit for loss how much is your loss per year, Since this year its still in the blue book use it, sentamental value is another loss Value if you sell it save the Value put a Number on it. What is it worth? Keep good records of your losses if your taking any, Mags, Guns, Parts, and the Final loss if you Register it. Every year come tax time take the loss.

·
Registered
192 Posts
In a quiet but direct discussion with my State Senator, I expressed my concern that that this chapter represents a "taking" of property in that my 10 round pistol/clips would be obsolete in NYS, not to mention the other kinds of equipment outlawed, rather than grandfathered. He blamed it all on the Governor, but I assured him that we were counting on him to CORRECT the error in an amendment. Don't hold your breath for this guy, but some hope is alive among other Members.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.