New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you get around the magazine capacity by using a belt feed since it technically wouldn't use a magazine?

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Need to look up the definition of a "high capacity ammunition feeding device".

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
If you have a belt, you need pre ban links, or less than 10 linked together.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
It basically says any feeding device that can feed more then 10 rounds at a time to a semi automatic weapon, this includes tubes and everything under the sun, so no unfortunately.

I keep hoping that by magic the ban laws will be lifted for just a day or so and then reinstated so that "Pre-Ban" is now anything made after 2012 XD, hey I can dream.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Perhaps you should also read the definition of "high capacity ammunition feeding device" because your description is technically incorrect.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot it was feeding devices not magazines. I need to go to sleep I can't think straight been way too long of a day.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Also, tube-fed rimfires are excluded, I believe. If you're trying to skirt a 10-round limit, there's somewhere to start. And there's some big-bore rimfires, you're not limited just to .22s and smaller.

Or, of course, just do the easy and obvious thing and get some pre-bans.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Can you get around the magazine capacity by using a belt feed since it technically wouldn't use a magazine?
A belt is also banned like magazines but unlike mags hard to probe it is a preban setup. A DA and his lawyers always have the upper hand. What round do you need the high capacity for?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Also, tube-fed rimfires are excluded, I believe. If you're trying to skirt a 10-round limit, there's somewhere to start. And there's some big-bore rimfires, you're not limited just to .22s and smaller.

Or, of course, just do the easy and obvious thing and get some pre-bans.
.22 Rimmife tubular only.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Yep, Darth is correct, .22 rimfire tubular devive only.

23. "Large capacity ammunition feeding device" means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, manufactured after September thirteenth, nineteen hundred ninety-four, that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition; provided, however, that such term does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
It basically says any feeding device that can feed more then 10 rounds at a time to a semi automatic weapon, this includes tubes and everything under the sun, so no unfortunately.

I keep hoping that by magic the ban laws will be lifted for just a day or so and then reinstated so that "Pre-Ban" is now anything made after 2012 XD, hey I can dream.
I dream that it will be lifted forever...

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Yep, Darth is correct, .22 rimfire tubular devive only.

23. "Large capacity ammunition feeding device" means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, manufactured after September thirteenth, nineteen hundred ninety-four, that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition; provided, however, that such term does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.
Oops! Guess that sort of leaves the 5mm and .17s in a bad situation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts