New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone must have one sitting in their closet. It needs to have a cdrom drive, intel processor or equivalent 1 ghz or higher, usb port, and prefer it be windows xp.
It doesn't need internet capabilities, camera, dvd or anything else like that.

Why, you ask? I have very sophisticated and somewhat outdated sewing equipment that runs off a pc. I am a mac person, it won't run on a mac without great, great difficulty. They aren't American programs and getting support for them is a bear. I am using version 3 of the program and they are currently selling version 5. I stopped trading up my software at 3 because it is thousands of dollars to upgrade and don't see making the continued investment. Now, my old HP has finally died and I can't run the sewing machines. Some folks have been able to get this program to run on windows 7, others have not. I know it will run on windows xp.

I don't need the computer to do anything else but run my sewing machines. For that it needs a cd rom, usb port and not much else. Program needs 720mb hard disk space. I don't care what size the screen is.

Anyone have anything?

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Does it have to be 1ghz? I have an old laptop but I don't think it's that fast. Not positive though.

There is no operating system on it... it was running linux so you would have to get XP from somewhere else.

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm. I think it has to be 1ghz to run properly. I suppose I can't re-install my old xp on it? If I can find it...
damn technology.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I may have a legal copy with keycode of XP somewhere. I'll have to look for you.

·
Registered
740 Posts
If it comes down to a copy of XP, just let me know. I have so many copies of it laying around with keys (legal ones) its not even funny.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Just use Bootcamp on your mac to run Windows XP, or vitrualization, like I do.

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a feeling all my guns value exceed any laptops I am looking for. I can offer; cash, 1 large hairball mixed with grass and some orange substance, custom baby clothes I will sew with previously mentioned sewing machine, soap in the likeness of guns, and some old atari games I just found. Kaboom anyone?

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Kaboom is that shower cleaning stuff? That stuff works awesome! You could also try posting a want add on craigslist if you havent already.

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kaboom is that shower cleaning stuff? That stuff works awesome! You could also try posting a want add on craigslist if you havent already.
You are too young to remember atari, the fun of pitfall, keystone capers, space invaders. Crap, I'm old.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
I work as a system admin in a small-medium sized company. I know we've got some old laptops laying around that could be "trashed" for "parts". I'm not sure offhand what specs they are. I know they were running XP. If I remember, I'll check at work tomorrow.

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! I may have a lead, someone who upgraded all her sewing arsenal and no longer needs the laptop with xp. You guys think having a stash of guns is $$$, a stable of sewing machines is a way more financially offensive hobby.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I sent you a text earlier. If you can get away with the laptop specs I sent, you can have it.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
You are too young to remember atari, the fun of pitfall, keystone capers, space invaders. Crap, I'm old.
Hey I had atari when I was growing up lol. Pit fall was one of my favorites. Swinging from vines over pits with aligators if I remember right lol. It got to the point we had to have a clamp on it for it to work lol.

·
Registered
391 Posts
you know how many hours I killed playing asteroids on atari ? lol
but then again, you know how many hours I kill playing bf3 now ? doesnt even compare :)

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Smurf, does it have to be XP? The one I have has Windows 7. If that works for you, it's all yours. The laptop works, but it's a little rough around the edges and doesn't have a battery, so you'll have to leave it plugged in. I'll post specs once the restore is done.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Ok, we're looking at 4 gigs of ram, 2.1ghz processor and a 280gb hdd. You can always install XP over Win7 when you get it. I even have some old winxp discs you can have if you can't find yours.

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts