New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buddy took me to 2 different spots on hogsback rd... both incredibly dirty and trashed. also loaded with millions of spent casings / targets...

first one had people shooting clays... next was empty..

these places legal?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Legal can be a fuzzy word. Obviously some of the activities indicated by your description are plainly illegal. But shooting in itself probably isn't illegal, except for proximity to buildings, local ordinances, etc .

Public or private land?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its state land.

no signs that say no shooting. from the amount of spent casings, old targets, shot up bottles,milk,jugs tvs etc.. ( probably close to 100 large ( milk jug etc) size targets)

all the small signs ( carry in / carry out etc.) are shot all to hell..

not near any buildings or anything only one house down the road.. over 1/4 mile away on other side of road.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
State land is usually fine to shoot on as long as there is no local ordnance against discharging a gun.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should be good to go then

went there the other day... 5 days after the last time i was there... someone had fun in that time as there was close to 200 new shotgun shells in a pile lol

·
Super Moderator
3,228 Posts
I know of one of the spots you are talking about. It has a parking lot with big stones along the back edge? The lot is actually for the hiking trail. People have been shooting there for a long time. The biggest issue is that the marked hiking trail goes right along the top of the sand ridge at the far end. I'm surprised the state hasn't stepped in and posted no shooting signs. Then there is the problem of the pigs not cleaning up when they finish shooting. As far as I know, it is legal to shoot there.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep thats the spot.. I go down the road further if there are any cars there.... i think all the trash and spent casings would deter any hikers..... at least it would me...

but good to know the trail goes over the ridge..

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Had to look from the title of the thread, didn't know what to expect. I dressed up as
Gludius Maximus, Glad-I-Ate'er one time for Halloween so thought I might be able to help, but alas, no help here ;)

Sorry for going off topic...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
had to look from the title of the thread, didn't know what to expect. I dressed up as
gludius maximus, glad-i-ate'er one time for halloween so thought i might be able to help, but alas, no help here ;)

sorry for going off topic...
lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts