New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for a place to shoot around the albany area that allows you to shoot at more than paper, i already belong to a nice club but it is run by a bunch of old fuds and dont want to do anything but shoot at paper
is there a club around that does anything more? leagues?steel?skeet for beginners?
or am i describing a mystical place in all our dreams??

·
Registered
709 Posts
i am looking for a place to shoot around the albany area that allows you to shoot at more than paper, i already belong to a nice club but it is run by a bunch of old fuds and dont want to do anything but shoot at paper
is there a club around that does anything more? leagues?steel?skeet for beginners?
or am i describing a mystical place in all our dreams??
At North Troy Stag we have steel targets on the rifle range, the outdoor pistol you can shoot bowling pins and steel targets you bring. As for skeet for beginners, we have trap and sporting clays fun shoots usually twice a year. Take a look North Troy Stag Rod & Gun Club
Our indoor pistol league starts on Thursday September 25th at 630, unfortunately they only shoot paper indoors.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Watervliet does all of the above. We aren't taking new members now, but non-members can shoot any of our leagues or organized activities.

Nobody does "skeet for beginners" per se, but if you let the person running the desk know you haven't shot skeet before, they can set you up with someone who will show you the ropes.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Is anyone a member at these clubs and looking to bring a friend?
Drop me a line anytime you want to come try skeet. You'll need a shell pouch of some sort (it doesn't have to be fancy... I've seen guys use Home Depot nail pouches), eye and ear protection, and a box of #9 shells in your gauge of choice. A round of skeet is $4 for non-members.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts