New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a few good places to go plinking/target shooting with
My .22 rifle and shotgun. The obly place I know of so far is skyline drive state forest. Im looking for state land locations only
Not ranges. I would like to go shoot outdoors.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
There are a few places close by you can go, there is Marsh pond close to doravile, windsor area.

The state land in Damascus, off of E. BOSKET Road EXIT.

Down in Deposit is another state land.

Hawkens Pond area Windsor.

There is more, these are not that far for you. I use to shoot at these places. And hunted there as well.

Send me a pm if you need more info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in Endicott and am from Starlight PA. Take the Hancock exit, cross the bridge over the Delaware River. About 5 miles up winterdale road is PA game land #299. Check it out on the map. I know that whole mountain from the river and beyond. Love to take the ride down and show you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in Endicott and am from Starlight PA. Take the Hancock exit, cross the bridge over the Delaware River. About 5 miles up winterdale road is PA game land #299. Check it out on the map. I know that whole mountain from the river and beyond. Love to take the ride down and show you.
I'm in Endicott, My brother wants to shoot some targets with his rifle. He has stage 4 lung cancer and this might be the last time he gets to shoot it. Any suggestions?
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a few good places to go plinking/target shooting with
My .22 rifle and shotgun. The obly place I know of so far is skyline drive state forest. Im looking for state land locations only
Not ranges. I would like to go shoot outdoors.
I live in Endicott but I'm from the area around Deposit and Hancock. I don't drive but I know every acre of that land down there. Some is relatively flat and sits along the Delaware river on the PA side. There are at least a couple hundred yards of flats to shoot on. I would like to sight in my new pre charged pneumatic .357 actually.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Skyline Drive State Forest would be my suggestion. Get on the road at the entrance and keep on driving until you reach the target shooting area. Last time I saw it, it was pretty obvious that's what it was used for. It's about 2 miles in at the base of a long downhill slope.

Legally, it is my understanding that you can target shoot in state forests that don't explicitly prohibit it. Breakable targets (such as clay pigeons or glass bottles) are not allowed to be used any state forest. BUT... I am no lawyer and I can't say that I keep up on all the rules.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Skyline Drive State Forest would be my suggestion. Get on the road at the entrance and keep on driving until you reach the target shooting area. Last time I saw it, it was pretty obvious that's what it was used for. It's about 2 miles in at the base of a long downhill slope.

Legally, it is my understanding that you can target shoot in state forests that don't explicitly prohibit it. Breakable targets (such as clay pigeons or glass bottles) are not allowed to be used any state forest. BUT... I am no lawyer and I can't say that I keep up on all the rules.

Thank you for posting the suggestion. I'm familiar with that spot. It's on Crumm road right on the 90° turn. I went camping up there 3 times this past summer. I'm new to this site and was actually trying to tell someone else that I am familiar with the area past Deposit. P.A. DEC#299. Im not able to legally drive so that's why I tried posting to others. Lol. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there ... I am new rifle owner.. never firing before..
I just want go to state land and practice ..
Do Skyline state park a good place to shoot a rifle ?
And is it safe ? I never been there ..so just wonder where exactly to shoot and how safely shoot .. I am assuming you are not alone in the land ..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi there ... I am new rifle owner.. never firing before..
I just want go to state land and practice ..
Do Skyline state park a good place to shoot a rifle ?
And is it safe ? I never been there ..so just wonder where exactly to shoot and how safely shoot .. I am assuming you are not alone in the land ..
Why not join your local rifle range? Tioga County Sportsmans club is worth every dime of the 80 bucks a year. You probably aren't close enough, but we have multiple pistol pits with tin roofing, a nice 100-200 yard rifle range, a Small bore range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why not join your local rifle range? Tioga County Sportsmans club is worth every dime of the 80 bucks a year. You probably aren't close enough, but we have multiple pistol pits with tin roofing, a nice 100-200 yard rifle range, a Small bore range.
I did , thank you.. I just bought a membership..
But I always been told.. " why not just go to state land ..and you don't have to pay money and follow rules .. when and how to shoot "
Anyway .. I will go soon to the club..
Thank you !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts