New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my letter in the mail today and I probably have restrictions. But I still want to carry to and from the range. I have a Kimber Pro Carry II and I didn't see to many people over the last 5 months talking about 1911s and what holster they CCW with. So I need help, what holsters should I be looking at? I am 5'11" about 225#. Also I want to carry two extra mags, so a matching IWB set would be nice.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Crossbreed.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look really nice but are they worth the money?

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I just ordered a Foxx Leather hybrid for my Sig, looks the same as the Crossbreed, which are very well made and very comfortable, but its half the price, pics and a review when I get it. American made too!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
They look really nice but are they worth the money?
They are about $60 for a custom made, American made, soft, high quality leather and kydex holster.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Crossbreed is well worth the money. I love mine. Once you wear it for a while and break it in you'll love it. The lifetime warranty is nice too.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Go on the internet and look up Nick Matthews Holsters. I have 3 #1 (IWB) holsters from him. They are very confortable . He sends you a bill once he cuts the leather. Then it takes about 3 weeks to get the holster. Like I said I have 3 of his and I don't think that you will be disapointed. I am 6'2" and about 235. I wear mine everyday. If you would like to see one send me a PM.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any fitting/retaining problems with a single stack weapon? Read some reviews about the holster not being snug enough to the weapon.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Crossbreed Supertuck. Horse leather. If it isnt snug enough, it comes with instructions on how to tighten the kydex with a hairdryer. I will never carry any other holster.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Any fitting/retaining problems with a single stack weapon? Read some reviews about the holster not being snug enough to the weapon.
I have never had a problem with that with any of my all leather holsters. In fact when you get the Nick Matthew's holster you have to break it in so it fits nice. The website explains how to break it in the proper way. I have 3 single stack .45's and they all fit very snug but still loose enough to make a nice draw.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I like my crossbreed - it's a really nice holster... but it doesn't conceal well for "regular" (non-compact) guns. For a frame of reference, my EDC is a Ruger SR9 (not SR9c).

For loose shirt concealment, it prints pretty bad and causes the shirt to ride up.

For coat concealment, it tends to snag the coat if the coat doesn't cover your posterior.

I've tried adjusting the location, everything from 3:00 to 5:00, nothing fixes it. I suspect this is not a crossbreed problem, that it has more to do with my insistence on carrying a "full size" weapon.

Just my $0.02.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I got my Foxx Leather in yesterday, like the crossbreed but thicker leather and half the price.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
My Kimber has a 4" barrel and is single stack. That should make it easier to hide than a full size weapon?

Foxx looks nice and decent price tag. Crossbreed looks awesome but price is kinda steep.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
My Kimber has a 4" barrel and is single stack. That should make it easier to hide than a full size weapon?

Foxx looks nice and decent price tag. Crossbreed looks awesome but price is kinda steep.
I carried my 4" single stack in a crossbreed, in shorts, under a tank top.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup I'll be getting a IWB. Just not sure which company.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Another nod for CrossBreed. I own two. Never liked the Milt Sparks VM2 (for Glock 19/23) which I sold, nor the Summer Special 2 (for Gov't size 1911s) which I'd like to sell.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Foxx, half the price of the Crossbreed and the same quality IMO and incredible service from the owner. Bonus, my GLock fits in it too, not as well, be good enough, trigger is covered

1 - 20 of 47 Posts