New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like the title says. Im looking for a scope to put on my savage 10. Its a 308 round. I shoot 200 to 500 yards. Looking for something that will work good and not break the bank. I run the 4.5x14x40 buck master by nikon on both my 306's and one of my ar15. Was also thinking of the new m223 nikon of the ar and put the buck master on the 308. Im up for suggestions. Thanks

· Registered
550 Posts
Swopping the scope on the AR to the 308 and putting the 223 on the AR sounds good. If you are comfortable with those scopes and they work well for you than go with it. But if you are looking for a good cheap scope that's fixed power check out the SUper Snipers from SWFA. I've had several and they hold there zero turrets track true and for under $300 you can't beat them.

· Registered
11,402 Posts
In that price range a simple yet reliable AR scope like for example from nikon, burris, leupold, vortex or weaver.
The buckmasters are not the best bang for the buck nikon has to offer. The is some pretty noticeable chromatic aberration
aspherity, and also loss of light transmission.

Although 1" tube Nikon has a 4-16 mil dot monarch that is super clear and tracks to the T.
Nikon Monarch Rifle Scope 4-16x 42mm Side Focus Mil-Dot Reticle Matte

Midway has a nice exclusive on a vortex mil mil. ...
Vortex Viper HS Tactical Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 5-15x 44mm Side Focus

And also this Midway exclusive mil mil weaver and both track really well for the money. I used them in some uppers...
Weaver Tactical Grand Slam Rifle Scope 3-10x 40mm 1/10 Mil Adjustments

Obviously in those price ranges no First Focal plane option with anything that can actually track but for your goals
should be more than ok.

· Registered
129 Posts
depending on your price range I completely agree with meke. Check out the Vortext Viper HS 5-15x, For the money its a great scope. I have never owned the Weaver Grand Slam but its mil/mil and for the cool price of 300$ i am thinking about putting it on my wifes 308.

Good Luck

Ryan

· Registered
140 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.