New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to join a shooting range. I bought a new Glock 19 Gen 4 9mm several months ago and haven't shot it yet. I want to join a range and it will probably be The Canandaigua Sportsmens Club or The Genesee Conservation League. Canandaigua is like 5 minute from my home and GCL is on the way home from work. Here's the problem or questions. I have emailed the Canandaigua Sportsmens Club several times and haven't gotten a response, which makes me think they are too busy or not enough help. The Genesee Conservation League is a little expensive for first time members, but have a lot to offer...so why should I pick one over the other and or what are the PRO's and CON's of each? Thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I stopped in at Canandaigua earlier this summer, but haven't had a chance to stop back since. It was very busy that night, however the gentleman working the desk was friendly and tried to answer my questions. We weren't able to check out the entire facility, but there were a lot of people there that night for the 5 Stand Shoot and Sporting Clays, so I'm guessing that we just stopped at a bad time. I have heard good things about the club, and I'm hoping to swing by again in a couple of weeks when my schedule clears up. IIRC, it was $125 + $75 work bond to join.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts