New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I'm looking for an "ok" rimfire scope.

Nothing too expensive. maybe $50 or less shipped? In that price range. It can be used. I'm looking for one with scope mounts. It's to go on a .22LR savage rifle.

I'd like to see something wtih a zoom ...3-9x40? I'm not really interested in truglows, or anything with a battery. I'm looking for just old fashioned stuff. No fancy stuff, cut and dry. I'd rather buy here before I do on ebay or midway.

PM me what you have, maybe a link to it on the web would be good as well.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
well ...
what is it going on ...??
my 10/22 has a 8x32/50mm, and certainly can use such Scope

it's a crappy BSA from Sportsmans Guide ( hell, they never carry good stuff ), but really gets the Target up close, 'n personal

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I'm looking for an "ok" rimfire scope.

Nothing too expensive. maybe $50 or less shipped? In that price range. It can be used. I'm looking for one with scope mounts. It's to go on a .22LR savage rifle.

I'd like to see something wtih a zoom ...3-9x40? I'm not really interested in truglows, or anything with a battery. I'm looking for just old fashioned stuff. No fancy stuff, cut and dry. I'd rather buy here before I do on ebay or midway.

PM me what you have, maybe a link to it on the web would be good as well.
I just pick up a BSA Sweet 22 from Gander Mountain today for my Ruger 10/22 it is a 3x9x40 comes with 3 different top torrents a 36 grain,38 grain and a 40 grain for $54.00 with tax..

I just found one for you really cheap here..

Bsa Sweet .22 3-9x40 Mm Scope, Matte Black - 644012, Scopes at Sportsman's Guide

Here is a couple videos of it..

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just pick up a BSA Sweet 22 from Gander Mountain today for my Ruger 10/22 it is a 3x9x40 comes with 3 different top torrents a 36 grain,38 grain and a 40 grain for $54.00 with tax..

I just found one for you really cheap here..

Bsa Sweet .22 3-9x40 Mm Scope, Matte Black - 644012, Scopes at Sportsman's Guide

Here is a couple videos of it..
You could have driven 5 miles up the road and I would have given you a scope for your 10/22. Have rings flying out my ass too.

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
You could have driven 5 miles up the road and I would have given you a scope for your 10/22. Have rings flying out my ass too.
Did not know you had any plus not sure where you live or who you our just new you live fairly close..,lol I still need to get rings for it to mount on the rail that comes with the Ruger 10/22,I need to have at least 1 inch high mounts for it..I have some nice Millet rings I think there 3/8 but they will not work on the mount..

I notice the rings I have,have a tab between the mounting bracket which won't let me mount them to the bracket of the 10/22 mount..

·
Registered
418 Posts
Did not know you had any plus not sure where you live or who you our just new you live fairly close..,lol I still need to get rings for it to mount on the rail that comes with the Ruger 10/22,I need to have at least 1 inch high mounts for it..I have some nice Millet rings I think there 3/8 but they will not work on the mount..

I notice the rings I have,have a tab between the mounting bracket which won't let me mount them to the bracket of the 10/22 mount..
The 10/22 is just a dove tail style mount if I remember correctly and it sounds like your rings are set up for a picatinny style rail. I have rings here for that. I am here all day Sunday if you want to see if I have something you can use.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys that BSA looks good. Anyone know what kind of rings I need? It's just a standard dove tail on top. I believe the model is savage 62/64 it's one of those cheap can plinkers that are like 159.99

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
It depends on what size rings you want you can get low,med and high rings I always go for the 1 inch high rings as to give you enough clearance for the front bell of your scope and also the rear of it,what I would do is get the scope and bring the gun to your local gun shop and try different rings to make sure you have enough clearance for the scope..

Most gun shop will help you make the right choice on what rings work best..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.