New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Good gun. Feels great in the hand if you like the rough textures. In the same class I thought the Springfield XD45 felt and shot better. If its the SA/DA in a .45 your looking for the the FN is the way to go. Did I mention you have to really love the rough texture. An FNS in .9 or .40 has been on my radar.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Well, I don't have any experience with it at all, but I do have some thoughts. Mind you, I typically don't like polymer framed pistols. Although my collection is almost entirely pistols, only one of them has a polymer frame. It's not that I think that there is anything wrong with them, it's just a matter of personal preference. That being said, I have actually been looking at this FNX Tac and it has made me seriously consider owning a another polymer. Just from having a lot of experience with so many varieties of very different pistols, I can say that I think that the grip angle and my assumption of how it would balance overall... just looks.. right. The "rabbit ears" rear sights are a good thing, as I have always liked those. The fact that they are stock sized to cowitness with low profile red dots (That looks like FastFire II to me shown in the picture I think), and have the predrilled mounting points .. well, that's just pretty neat. Along with the threaded barrel to add a compensator, even in a state that wont allow for a suppressor, I can see that being a pretty great range gun. Assuming they have decent triggers.
The one thing that bothers me about it is that in the pictures the trigger appears to possibly also be polymer.. and that would be a big downside to me. I have a lot of experience doing trigger work, and I will say absolutely that building trigger assemblies containing polymer parts is always a horrible idea.

I am interested though, and for me that is saying A LOT about a polymer framed gun.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
I think the FNH pistols (FNS/FNX/5.7) are effing sexy. One thing that I also like about them is that they're made in the USA (though not 100% sure on the 5.7).

I think FNH firearms are extremely high quality. I've fired four different models, and owned one, and each one of them has had an excellent feel to them.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I just don't think I would feel awesome about all the unused space in the huge grip for the 5 extra rounds that new york wont allow you to have :(

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
The thing that really sucks is without access to preban magazines a handgun that has a normal capacity over 10 rounds kinda feels like I would be paying full price for half the show.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
The thing that really sucks is without access to preban magazines a handgun that has a normal capacity over 10 rounds kinda feels like I would be paying full price for half the show.
I'd never let mag capacity get in the way of owning a fine firearm. Whoop-de-doo if they don't make pre-bans for it, it's not taking away anything from the gun.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I'd never let mag capacity get in the way of owning a fine firearm. Whoop-de-doo if they don't make pre-bans for it, it's not taking away anything from the gun.
I agree it isn't going to hurt the weapons performance, it just irks my slight OCD I guess, knowing that is was made to take more, like having a Corvette that you can only fill to half a tank. It is still a Corvette, just more trips to the gas station.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I agree it isn't going to hurt the weapons performance, it just irks my slight OCD I guess, knowing that is was made to take more, like having a Corvette that you can only fill to half a tank. It is still a Corvette, just more trips to the gas station.
I don't think OCD is your only malfunction.

On another note. FN firearms are top notch. I have shot plenty of them and owned a couple. They are well made. Shoot great and definitely don't disappoint as long as you aren't scared of a slight name tax.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I don't think OCD is your only malfunction.

On another note. FN firearms are top notch. I have shot plenty of them and owned a couple. They are well made. Shoot great and definitely don't disappoint as long as you aren't scared of a slight name tax.
Look I'm not sure what your problem with me is lately, but it would be nice if you would just tell me instead of making dumb comments, most of which are pretty hypocritical, if you don't actually have a reason to single out another forum member by sarcastically commenting on every post you happen to see their name in, you are a troll and no forum needs you on here. I have said nothing at all directed at you, I have only stated my opinions to other members, so kindly PM me what your deal is or stop quoting anything I say if you really can't stand me that much.

On topic - I like FN firearms I just wish we could get ahold of full sized magazines, that was all I said.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The last time I seen one of these for sale I think the price was like $650

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
they have had one in a shop in Albany. Price tag on it was around $1000. I have seen them around upper 900's on buds. They had a non-tac version for $695 but its been long gone.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I would personally pick an FN over an H&K every time. While H&K is nice every similar FN equivalent seems better to me anyway.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
This JVG vs. DystruktoBoi1 thing in every thread is getting old.

In other news, the no-pre bans thing really doesn't bother me all that much. You miss out on a lot of great firearms that way.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
If there's anyone we don't need around here it's you... Trololol
Lol yes because I am the one who hijacks threads to tell other members they are stupid for having an opinion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts