New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at auction 170842151656, says its a replica.. Yeah Right.... Serial number on reciever... Guess this guy likes free bracelets....

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
What makes more sense?

This is a real gun that the guy painted an orange tip on so he could sell it on ebay for less money than it's worth.

or

This thing is very nice fake made in japan, like the owners manual says.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
http://homepage3.nifty.com/skoinuma/AR-7.htm

"Western Arms, who had been already known as a custom modelgun maker, made a modelgun AR-7 in 1982, as their fifth anniversary model. It had the same looking and mechanism as the real gun and became very popular among modelgun fans in Japan. But it has not been made for a long time since the late 1980s, it has become one of the rarest and most expensive modelguns.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats all great but the reciever is serial numbered as seen in the pictures... Let the seller and buyer have fun when different agencies show up at their doors.... I wish the selller the best of luck in this one....

·
Registered
687 Posts
why can't a toy maker place a serial number on their toy? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Thats all great but the reciever is serial numbered as seen in the pictures... Let the seller and buyer have fun when different agencies show up at their doors.... I wish the selller the best of luck in this one....
I had an AR-15 BB gun that had a serial number on the receiver. I have a bicycle with a serial number (VIN). I have coffee makers that have serial numbers. Why is this so har to believe?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Not to take this thread off topic, but this got me thinking. Does anyone make an ar-7 in a different caliber than .22lr?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
In ref to the replica S#
Look at the # on the auction (go to the full size photobucket pic for best clarity), then look at the # in the pic below as found in the link above provided by RayKnobs

Either that thing has been around the block and somehow hit the lottery to appear on fleebay and that site, or the manufacturer did like other replica makers do: every one out the door gets the same S#

The 3 'Beretta M9' pistols I had all had the same on them # too. Just like they all came out of the same mold.

@ Skwiggledork:
I seem to recall something along that line in 9mm way back in the day, but couldn't pin down a manufacturer if I had to.
FAIK it coulda been a custom creation rather than a market item.

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
My KSC Glock 17 airsoft has serial #'s on the frame/barrel/slide just like the real thing. Western Arms makes replicas and airsoft. You don't know what you're talking about.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Why does the bottom of his ad say that you have to be 18? Does it fire BBs?

That is a very convincing replica if that's what it is, there is an extractor on the bolt face and everything. For that much money I'd buy the real thing though.

I don't understand how he can sell this and when I tried to place just the stock of my AK for sale on Ebay it took off my listing, even though I can find 4 other listing for real AK47 stocks >_> Ebay confuses me sometimes.

·
Registered
810 Posts
What I find amazing is the current bid on it. I paid half that for my new Henry AR7.

·
Banned
714 Posts
I don't understand why you would refer to the guy who sold that replica as a clown. He made a good deal of money on it. So what if it had a serial number? What is the problems with it having a serial number? Does that suddenly make possessing a replica or an airsoft type gun a felony? As for you apparently not believing that this is a replica/airsoft type gun, Western Arms of Japan has quite the reputation as being a high end replica maker for the airsoft market. There are several clues that the piece is indeed a replica such as the documentation showing the Western Arms logo and Japanese writing, the words Western Arms on the outside of the box, Western Arms on the inside of the butt cap and so on. Is it a darned realistic looking replica, yes it is but I still don't get why the person who sold it would be looked at as a clown.

BEGIN SARCASM ALERT: Of course, it possibly could be a real gun that someone dolled up with an orange tip, and for which he painstakingly obtained or printed all that documentation with the Western Arms name, and even manufactured a box for it with the Western Arms name (or just happened to find such a box). Then he decided to sell it on Ebay, against their rules, instead of just selling it on GunBroker. Now, maybe that was because the seller was a convicted felon, he could have been a father raper who once sat on the same bench as a litter bug (some of the older among us may understand that last), and he did not want to risk appearing on GunBroker. It stands to reason that had he entered his screen name onto GunBroker, well - all the bells and whistles at BATFE HQ would have gone off because they had been watching him closely for just such a sale. So, he was sneaky and sold it on Ebay. END SARCASM ALERT

I have to agree with de17walt, the amazing thing is for how much it sold. I wish I had invested in a few of them years ago.

The other amazing this is that this thread is listed under Firearms In The News!

All the best,
GB

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nah.... I think what is more amazing is that you are replying to a thread that is 3 days old, and done with... The rifle sold... The guy got over $500, and I feel happy for him!

·
Registered
421 Posts
That's a pretty good knock off. If it weren't for the orange tip that would look pretty real. I'm shocked at how much it sold for. 495$ jesus, i just looked on gunbroker and the real thing is going going for less than 200

1 - 18 of 18 Posts